Spider Man Classic Suit

I thought about that after posting my previous reply: what if you could make a plastic template with holes punched in it that you laid on a section of the suit, hit it with the paint (using the holes for a guide) and then took it off and moved it? Not sure how well it would work, but it could speed things up and make it a bit neater. Just a thought.
Yeah i guess I could do that but that would involve sewing it together aanndd my mom says she doesn't wanna pay for all the materials

Some of my friends know how to sew, and they say that it's hard especially spandex
I did my first ever sewing on spandex and it's honestly not that hard unless you're trying to be really fancy. I don't have a fancy machine so I basically zig-zagged the entire pattern and it turned out surprisingly well for my first costume and first time using a sewing machine. All you need is youtube, scrap spandex, a good pre or handmade pattern, time, and dedication. also for a lot of my suits that I've had to be cheap for I found that stenciling a symbol on some sticky stencil paper and then spraying it lightly with a bunch of coats of plastidip (do not use flex seal it sucks) making sure I'm applying enough for the first few dustings to seep into the fabric. it's a lot simpler than I'm making it sound. Or you could mix your own concoctions of latex, dyes, and liquid rubbers to make webbing, symbols, and whatever else you want. Oh, also plastidip works great for the sole of the shoe if you want that old-school spider-man look where he looks like he's running around in socks. I hope this helps a little.

Do you need to use spandex or can you use another fabric, cauuse I can sew, just Not with spandex?
I would strongly advise not using other fabrics. Putting one of things on is hard enough when it's made of spandex. Honestly sewing it isn't that hard, all of my experience sewing is using it and it's pretty simple. Gloves are tricky but honestly so long as you do a good job pinning the fabric and are patient you shouldn't have many problems

I would strongly advise not using other fabrics. Putting one of things on is hard enough when it's made of spandex. Honestly sewing it isn't that hard, all of my experience sewing is using it and it's pretty simple. Gloves are tricky but honestly so long as you do a good job pinning the fabric and are patient you shouldn't have many problems
I getinto my suits pretty easily

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back