Spectacular Spiderman costume build

it's understandable that orhadar would skeptical of zentaizone after companies zentai zentai and others stole his pattern.
but zentaizone seems legitimate beause I haven't seen seen stolen patterns on there websites.

it's understandable that orhadar would skeptical of zentaizone after companies zentai zentai and others stole his pattern.
but zentaizone seems legitimate beause I haven't seen seen stolen patterns on there websites.

I've noticed the same, but will respect Orhadar's decision and find another company to print his pattern from

Found this picture of someone who used Oracles Superior version 1 frames for his costume. After seeing it on a costume, do you guys still think they would work for my Spectacular suit and would you go with the domed lenses in white or go with flat white lenses? IMG_1114.JPG

I think it works, it just looks weird because of the conflicting angles with the bent lenses and the frames also being 3D. So i'd say go with flat

TJack has just put up a new set of Superior frames. Now I'm really stumped on which frames to get? TJacks or Oracle'sView attachment 482254

I have a pair of "traditional" TASM2 Oracle lens, and the only input I can give is that the visibility is fairly poor. I regrettably don't own any of tjack's lenses, but I've never heard that complaint applied to his stuff. So that's at least one factor you can take into consideration...

I have a pair of "traditional" TASM2 Oracle lens, and the only input I can give is that the visibility is fairly poor. I regrettably don't own any of tjack's lenses, but I've never heard that complaint applied to his stuff. So that's at least one factor you can take into consideration...

I own a pair of TJack's Ditko frames. Used them for my Symbiote suit. The vision is really good in them. Only bad part is I glued them instead of using magnets to attach them. So they fog up quickly. The reason I'm stuck with choosing is I know you can get Oracles with the magnets already attached. Just scared attaching magnets to TJack's as I don't want to break them

I own a pair of TJack's Ditko frames. Used them for my Symbiote suit. The vision is really good in them. Only bad part is I glued them instead of using magnets to attach them. So they fog up quickly. The reason I'm stuck with choosing is I know you can get Oracles with the magnets already attached. Just scared attaching magnets to TJack's as I don't want to break them

The "ready made" option was a big reason why I went with the Oracle lens/faceshell, but since I'm in the process of having to heavily modify the shell (and plan to use different/modified lens), there's sometimes a price to be paid for compromising.

I will add this: rare earth magnets come in a variety of shapes/sizes and are relatively cheap (and easy to get off Amazon). They're ridiculously strong, and are easy to glue/hot glue to a faceshell and also to the lenses--the only real "work" would be to make sure the magnets for the lenses and faceshell properly align, but as far as challenges go, you could do worse. Lastly, I can't imagine them being destructive and detracting from the aesthetics, just so long as you make sure they're not visible once everything's attached.

OH! And fogging's an issue regardless of whether the lens are glued to the faceshell or attached by magnets (believe me, I know). A member recently came up with a suggestion for alleviating the issue, although I have yet to try it out myself:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238276&p=3629614#post3629614

Last edited:
That face shell idea I used to prevent my fogging worked 100%! I will stand by it forever! I personally like the look of vinyl lenses and not mesh, so this works fantastically

Honestly from everything I've heard, id personally go with tjack. Better reviews and (I believe) cheaper too. And those new ones look really good

Honestly from everything I've heard, id personally go with tjack. Better reviews and (I believe) cheaper too. And those new ones look really good

After some thought last night I'm leaning more towards TJack's without the domed lenses. I'm also going the magnet route for attaching them. So just need to find out what size of earth magnets would work best for those frames

So I went with TJack's Classic Superior frames. Got both the domed and flat lenses. That way I can see which version would work best for my costume

Attached TJack's Classic Superior frames with flat lenses to his TASM 2 Universal shell with magnets. Here's the finished product

Attachments

• tjack.JPG
    tjack.JPG
    428.9 KB · Views: 162
  • tjack2.JPG
    tjack2.JPG
    378.3 KB · Views: 139
Just received my suit from Herostime. The colours of the print came out looking nice and rich and the sewing is excellent. The u-zip is well hidden but they forgot to add my hood zipper. Luckily I can still get the suit up over my head to put it on. Just need someone to zip it up once I got it on. Here's how the mask looks with TJack's frames and TASM 2 shell

Attachments

• IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    IMG_1217.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 3,252
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back