Spaceballs Dark Helmet

Hopefully, This picture will help.

20190106_104021.jpg

Let me know if you want some more.

Hi there! I was wondering if Expoy Resin would work in place of Fiberglass Resin? Thanks!
It would probably be better as there should be no smell...so yes!

But fair warning, the helmet starts to take on weight the more you use and I would not recommend wearing anything 6 lbs and up on your head for prolonged periods (greater than an hour). That's what made me 3d print the entire helmet to lighten the load from 8 lbs down to 2 lbs.

I know this thread is old but I just want to say thank you for the STL’s. Because of this I was able to make my wife a Dark Helmet costume. We was at our local con last weekend and was voted judges favorite costumes. Thank you so much for this it has been a lot of work but well worth it!

Attachments

• 0E8C47B2-73F7-4084-BE10-A3359C8D8021.jpeg
    0E8C47B2-73F7-4084-BE10-A3359C8D8021.jpeg
    577.5 KB · Views: 1,581
  • CA42E9B3-A886-479F-927A-92A686942A39.jpeg
    CA42E9B3-A886-479F-927A-92A686942A39.jpeg
    736.7 KB · Views: 414
  • 6827936C-F2F9-41D9-A7D0-C4FBF202B59C.jpeg
    6827936C-F2F9-41D9-A7D0-C4FBF202B59C.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 0173621E-E563-40B7-BBB1-DA03E41F67E2.jpeg
    0173621E-E563-40B7-BBB1-DA03E41F67E2.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 282
I know this thread is old but I just want to say thank you for the STL’s. Because of this I was able to make my wife a Dark Helmet costume. We was at our local con last weekend and was voted judges favorite costumes. Thank you so much for this it has been a lot of work but well worth it!
[/QUOTE]

It was my Fav too!!! Thanks for the pic and coffee!!

space balls.JPEG

Attachments

• space balls.JPEG
    space balls.JPEG
    102.1 KB · Views: 204

It was my Fav too!!! Thanks for the pic and coffee!!

View attachment 1270421
[/QUOTE]
The Mando was you?! Awesome!

This is still one of my favorite costumes to see and the 2 of you together is absolutely awesome! Well done.

Malibu139, your Mando is awesome as well. Did you put up a build log of it?

This is still one of my favorite costumes to see and the 2 of you together is absolutely awesome! Well done.

Malibu139, your Mando is awesome as well. Did you put up a build log of it?

No sir I didn't. I had a deadline for Mando and Cara Dune and didn't really have the time. However I do have lots of progress pics on both . I might put up a post in the Star Wars section. thanks for the comment and asking.

Reading this thread yours with mask up is great!!. and the one from the pic above was so good we went home and watched Space balls the next night with the kids. Such awesomeness in this thread!!

My costume needs an upgrade (especially the helmet, since I made it very quickly out of foam four years ago and have worn it at least a dozen times since) but here's me, my husband, another friend, and some guys we met through the 501st at Toronto FanExpo a couple of years ago. It was originally created as a quick joke costume for a local con but has become my absolute favourite to wear, so I think it's time for some serious upgrades to improve accuracy and make it look better overall.

20180901_111817.jpg

My costume needs an upgrade (especially the helmet, since I made it very quickly out of foam four years ago and have worn it at least a dozen times since) but here's me, my husband, another friend, and some guys we met through the 501st at Toronto FanExpo a couple of years ago. It was originally created as a quick joke costume for a local con but has become my absolute favourite to wear, so I think it's time for some serious upgrades to improve accuracy and make it look better overall.

View attachment 1270584

"You've captured their Stunt Doubles!"

View attachment 1270584

I'm guessing that's your husband in the dress? Cause if it is, damn. Easiest costume in the pic but he SELLS it! Love this one!

"You've captured their Stunt Doubles!"
I'm guessing that's your husband in the dress? Cause if it is, damn. Easiest costume in the pic but he SELLS it! Love this one!

That's him! When he said he wanted to do that costume I thought it would be hilarious but that no one would recognize it since the stunt doubles are in the movie for such a short time. But the response to his costume is incredible! I have pretty bad visibility in the helmet so I usually follow him through crowds, and the number of people who recognize his costume without even seeing mine is amazing. Everyone is so excited.

And it is totally the easiest costume. We bought the cheapest, most terrible wig we could find at Halloween, got a cheap white dress and added some lace and frills, and he made a cigar out of worbla to complete the look. It's easily his most comfortable costume, lol.

We bought the cheapest, most terrible wig we could find at Halloween, got a cheap white dress and added some lace and frills, and he made a cigar out of worbla to complete the look. It's easily his most comfortable costume, lol.

I can't:lol:. I'm dying over here reading the response while looking at the picture.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back