Space 1999: Eagle Lift 3D Printable

TazMan2000

Master Member
Warp Models did a resin kit of one of these long ago in 1/72. Even though the design was not at all accurate to the show, it was a popular kit and has somewhat become the de facto standard to what the lift was.

Here is a shot of the actual lift from the series. Kind of boring IMO.

Actual prop.JPG

I decided to design one for the new 1/48 MPC/Round 2 kits, using the Warp kit as a basic guide. This should be fairly easy to print and assemble provided one has a 12" print bed. The total size is about 339x720 mm, so I'm going to segment the large base and pad into about 6 pieces. I elected to leave out the staircase (since who would need to go down the stairs when it is elevated or sunk into it's alcove), but it wouldn't be too hard to add that in. If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to suggest them.

I eyeballed the size of an Eagle (the long rectangular object). The hydraulic pistons are separate items so the builder can choose what height they want to display it at. Greeblies on the base are separate, and can be printed on a resin printer for better detail.

Eagle Lift 1.JPG
Eagle Lift 2.JPG

TazMan2000

Last edited:
The hangar walls are a bit small in reference to the 22" Eagle, however, if I make them larger they wouldn't fit on most printers, and especially not on mine.

Hangar Walls.JPG

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Still not following you. Can you post a picture?

TazMan2000
Here you go

A search on "Orion Pulse Starship" will give you lots of info

The god of all nuclear pulse designs

Here you go

A search on "Orion Pulse Starship" will give you lots of info

The god of all nuclear pulse designs

Ah, I see. I thought you meant the Orion from 2001.

TazMan2000

Warp Models did a resin kit of one of these long ago in 1/72. Even though the design was not at all accurate to the show, it was a popular kit and has somewhat become the de facto standard to what the lift was.

Here is a shot of the actual lift from the series. Kind of boring IMO.

View attachment 1494980

I decided to design one for the new 1/48 MPC/Round 2 kits, using the Warp kit as a basic guide. This should be fairly easy to print and assemble provided one has a 12" print bed. The total size is about 339x720 mm, so I'm going to segment the large base and pad into about 6 pieces. I elected to leave out the staircase (since who would need to go down the stairs when it is elevated or sunk into it's alcove), but it wouldn't be too hard to add that in. If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to suggest them.

I eyeballed the size of an Eagle (the long rectangular object). The hydraulic pistons are separate items so the builder can choose what height they want to display it at. Greeblies on the base are separate, and can be printed on a resin printer for better detail.

View attachment 1494955View attachment 1494956

TazMan2000
Will you be selling files?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back