Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

Let me say, unequivocally and without exception, there is ZERO chance Disney will remake any Star Wars film. Zero. Disney is very precious with their properties and their legacy and they value that.

They just remade the jungle book and Pete's dragon.

Disney rebooting a single film to make it fresh for a new audience is different to a saga of movies which has a continuing story to be told,...

J

Disney is now remaking their animations into live action films. Its nothing new, they had 101 Dalmatians decades ago lol. But yes, no SW will be remade, they have hundreds of Legends stories for inspiration for a new Expanded Universe, they can go to The Old Republic, they can make stories about pirates, smugglers, gangsters, jedi, sith, podracers, JAWAS, there's plenty of species to make spinoffs. Heck, a Coruscant themed Sin City anthology would be awesome. SW has way more characters than the main cast of the OT, they need to take advantage and they need to know it doesn't all to have connect seamlessly. The way they have the MCU (cinematic), the MTVU (television), and the MNFU (netflix) is what SW needs: places/planets in common, some name drops, but totally different vibes from the originals. Soo much can be done with zero remakes

Star wars is arguably the most important movie in modern Hollywood. I highly doubt they would remake it

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Well I'm one to say "never say never" and Disney certainly has a record of remaking notable properties but I agree that the chance of an OT/PT remake happening are probably pretty slim.

Star wars is arguably the most important movie in modern Hollywood. I highly doubt they would remake it

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Well, they would never remake ANH (TFA aside), nor ESB or ROTJ. The OT films are widely adored and cherished films (particularly ANH and ESB) in Hollywood history and our culture at large, so I cannot see them ever being remade.

Buuuuut...those less than adored PT films, which failed so egregiously to even approach their potential?? I could see Disney "re-imagining" them some day. Probably not in the next decade, as they have their plate full with other Star Wars stories to tell. But I could definitely see it happening a bit further down the road. It would be a major "Frack You!" to George, whether he's alive or dead at the time, but I'm not gonna lie...if I thought they would do the films right this time, I might be in favor of it. Sorry Hayden, sorry George, but I still feel like I have not yet met the young Anakin who would become Darth Vader.

The Wook

Well, they would never remake ANH (TFA aside), nor ESB or ROTJ. The OT films are widely adored and cherished films (particularly ANH and ESB) in Hollywood history and our culture at large, so I cannot see them ever being remade.

Buuuuut...those less than adored PT films, which failed so egregiously to even approach their potential?? I could see Disney "re-imagining" them some day. Probably not in the next decade, as they have their plate full with other Star Wars stories to tell. But I could definitely see it happening a bit further down the road. It would be a major "Frack You!" to George, whether he's alive or dead at the time, but I'm not gonna lie...if I thought they would do the films right this time, I might be in favor of it. Sorry Hayden, sorry George, but I still feel like I have not yet met the young Anakin who would become Darth Vader.

The Wook

I believe that I had read at one point that disney wasn't allowed to redo the six films as part of the contract

The Wook

I agree with you Wook,....that's what I would want,....re-write the Prequels into something interesting,...but,....I think the closest we will get will be the Rogue One,...the Solo movie & probably the Boba movie,....all prequelling the OT.....exploring that era is what Disney is interested in,....funnily enough,....& it seems like Disney likes the same thing I do,....those three films are not about twirly lightsabers,.....its about Rogues & smugglers

Thank you Disney,...for seeing the true Star Wars

J

Bryancd is right..OT or PT will NEVER be remade. Not in our lifetimes at least. There are no plans. I know this. The Disney/Star Wars story group is focusing on continuing the stories directly and spin offs.

Why bother?

If you want to be enencumbered - go back 1000 years OR, FORWARD 1000 years and do your own thing.

The sequel trilogy locked the original Star Wars in for the long haul. Those actors and their story are part of the present-day big picture efforts by Disney/LFL. Thankfully, studios are beginning to understand that our nostalgia is not simply tied to a "brand" (I'm looking at you, Ghostbusters) but to characters and stories which we've taken into our hearts as our own. They're not going to utilize old Mark Hammill, old Harrison Ford, old Carrie FIsher, even old Peter Mayhew, just to go back and film A New Hope, Empire, and Jedi with a new cast.

- - - Updated - - -

Ehrenreich is seemingly somewhat uncomfortably close in age to Harrison Ford, but Ford was older than he looked when they made the first Star Wars - and I'm really glad they're not doing "kid Solo" or having another actor play him between ROTJ and TFA. A 20-something was the best window to aim for if they gotta do it, and 20-something Harrison Ford is busy doing carpentry back in 1962.

Ehrenreich is seemingly somewhat uncomfortably close in age to Harrison Ford, but Ford was older than he looked when they made the first Star Wars
Ford was less than a month shy of 35 when Star Wars came out.

Ehrenreich will be 28 when the Han Solo movie is released.

I don't know if that's "uncomfortably close." But, that's most likely within the age range they were casting.

Lord and Miller look excited to get started!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    599.7 KB · Views: 87

Do you think there will be two falcon sets, or that episode 9 will not be featuring the falcon?

Do you think there will be two falcon sets, or that episode 9 will not be featuring the falcon?

If anything a shared set - i doubt the flick opens with him in possession of it already. Probably gets it near the end, if at all.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back