Limited Run Solo: A Star Wars Story-- Han's Jacket (Suede) Lots of New Pics added April 10.

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story-- Han's Jacket (Suede) New pics Mar. 7

Hi Zlurpo,
Not sure about whether you’re looking for feedback on this…
but for what it’s worth, I think the only thing that’s really jumping out at me as being an issue (outside of the other things you mentioned) is this ONE thing…

The point where the sleeves begin (at the top of the sleeve where it meets the shoulder):
It’s just a bit too much of a “bump” on each shoulder; it just stands UP when it should be more of a smooth transition from the shoulder down into the sleeve.

View attachment 800925

Can that be corrected in some way? Is there some sort of sewing or stitching method that better allows these things to flow together a little smoother?
(If it’s not already obvious, I’m not a person who knows anything about the techniques of doing these sorts of jobs, so please understand that I’m asking this sincerely when I ask IF it’s possible… I honestly don’t know)

For your reference, here’s 2 of the (few) shots of the original that we have that show this aspect of it.

View attachment 800926 View attachment 800927

Everything else is looking Really GREAT with this project, by the way! (y)thumbsup
Really looking forward to seeing the finished results

Color is not similar and also there is no patch on jacket

Color is not similar and also there is no patch on jacket

Well if you would actually read through the thread instead of just being a shill for another company, you would know that I've already addressed both of those issues.

THANK YOU for writing what I was thinking! ;)(y)thumbsup

Well if you would actually read through the thread instead of just being a shill for another company, you would know that I've already addressed both of those issues.

WOW! Great work Zlurpo this is looking awesome. But please correct me if I'm wrong. The color of the new leather sample seems a little too dark?

It's possible. Hard to have a good grasp of the color from just a small piece like that, but I don't think so. Most shots with clear lighting seem to show it being a pretty solid brown color.

Just ordered on Etsy. Can't wait to see photos of the final version (and, of course, to receive mine).

Hey guys!
Fellow Solo cosplayer here, this is looking great, and I can't wait to see the final finished product. Definitely considering putting down an order on this as it's looking very screen accurate at the moment.

Eagerly awaiting final pictures! I'm going to wait until after the film comes out to decide if I'm doing the costume or not, but this piece is stunning, and I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on it!

That said, I think evertfied might be right, and the new color might be a bit too dark. I think it's somewhere between the two, but as you said, it's hard to tell!

Not sure the sleeve:body ratio is correct here, but sample v2.0 is complete. Stitching is obviously too far in the other direction this time for color.

The whole jacket will look extra short here, this sample is being made for someone who isn't very tall, and the mannequin is too big for it.

IMG_1560.JPG IMG_1563.JPG

Also here's the chest greeblie with no coloring on it (it will be added).

image2.jpeg

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story-- Han's Jacket (Suede) New pics Mar. 29

The color looks really good in my opinion, other than the stitching as you already pointed out. Can't wait to see the final version!

The chest greeblie is also looking very nice. Good job!

I want one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the price looking like?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll be saving for this one! I saw your Etsy listing over the weekend, so I'll either be ordering from you over there or through PM. Looks great, man!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back