So will you be watching Spartacus without Andy Whitfield?

HDPE

I won't.

I bought Gods of the Arena b/c I thought a prequel was a great idea but

that's it for me.

Shame because I really liked the show, Manu Bennet, Viva :love Bianca and

the rest of the cast.:unsure

I would be watching if I still had Starz. Andy may not have been able to reprise his role, but from what I've seen of the filming of the new season, the cast and crew have very much tried to keep him there in spirit.

Exactly, this isn't a "Bewitched" situation. The cast and crew are honoring him by keeping it faithful to the character. I'll watch because I really liked AW, and think he'd agree, The Show Must Go On.

I would be watching if I still had Starz. Andy may not have been able to reprise his role, but from what I've seen of the filming of the new season, the cast and crew have very much tried to keep him there in spirit.

Agreed. It's not like they just decided to replace him. They held production hoping he would get better. He gracefully backed out and told them to go on without him. And then he unfortunately died. I think the new season is worth watching to give it a chance. If you decide you don't like the new guy or don't like the direction of the show, stop watching it. But not watching it just because a new actor is in it is kind of silly.

I will watch it to honor his memory. The first season was great and he made a great Spartacus. Shame that he died way too young.

Well, from what I know, Andy Whitfield actually gave his approval on Spartacus continuing without him. From what I heard he also okayed the actor who is now in the role (I could very well be wrong, as its what I heard). So, if he was okay with it, especially knowing his health was failing him and he believed in the show, why should anyone else not be okay with it?

I'll be watching it! It's not like they fired him, he can't play the role anymore and rather than let the series die they will carry on!

Well, from what I know, Andy Whitfield actually gave his approval on Spartacus continuing without him. From what I heard he also okayed the actor who is now in the role (I could very well be wrong, as its what I heard). So, if he was okay with it, especially knowing his health was failing him and he believed in the show, why should anyone else not be okay with it?

You are completely right, he sat through the auditions! I was sad to see him go as he brought some serious raw acting ability to the show. I will deffo be watching the new season, I do feel the new Spartacus is not ripped enough compared to Andy...

I'll watch it but Whitfield defined that character. The prequel was so so. Watching Spartacus grow as a character was impressive in the first season. Of course, I'll never forget this scene.

I'll watch it no matter what. I loved how Andy played the character, but it's not just him but the whole show what hooked my person into it, I loved Gods of the arena the same or even more because of the intensity of the short season and because they nailed the way to explain everything and to give more info about the characters.

I'm going to watch it, no matter what.

Andy literally told the producer to keep filming the show by saying "this story must be told" I saw the first episode, yes its different without Andy as he nailed that role better than anyone ever could have, from the acting, his look, voice everything, which is why it makes it hard to watch with the new guy even though he has a slight resemblence sometimes, but no where near as good of, it may have just been the first episode but it seemed like he was "over playing" the role. but we'll see how it turns out. I'll definitely be watching BECAUSE Andy gave his seal of approval, plus I can't wait for Gannicus to join in. I'm still curious how he is going to fit in, and what he is going to do. and from the previews it looks like Anameus is getting lashed by Asher at the Ludus? I wonder how that comes to be...should be a great season. in the comic con interview they say there is one episode where the writer/director says they really really kill A LOT of people. And i thought the last episode of blood and sand they killed a lot, but he made it seem like its going to be a helluva lot more killed.

I think not watching because Andy is not there is silly. If the new season is successful it will only mean new people will go back and watch the previous season with Andy so because of the new season I think more people will get to see Andy and that is a good thing for him and his family.

Like I said in the other thread, come Feb 28th, all Starz content will be gone from Netflix (including Spartacus).

So enjoy it while it's available!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back