So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

They can be purchased any time you're ready, but we won't have photos of the finished product until early March, most likely.

does anyone have any leads/tips for making his restraint cuffs? I'm thinking of doing mine like bracelets and just putting my wrists together for pictures

If you put some rare earth magnets in them, they would have that nice snap to line up/not shift during photos but still be able to easily separate and go about life. Make sure your material can handle the magnets though! Those little buggers can really have some strength to them. Epoxy clay has worked well for me in the past and generally finishes well.

I had Jeffrey from DutchProps model up a helmet for me, will be printing it next month once BB-8 is finished. He did a fantastic job.

Now onto the sewing!

untitled.24.jpguntitled.23.jpguntitled.22.jpguntitled.020.jpguntitled.19.jpguntitled.21.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.15.jpg
    untitled.15.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
That helmet does look pretty good! Do you know if he'll be offering them to others?

EDIT: Or is he selling the file to have printed?

Last edited:
thanks @Dokworm
hope you like the file. subbing to this thread to see your progress.
im not sure about selling the files to other people, producing it myself or just offering it for free to other people yet.

I'm dutch props btw :)

I am really confused about the writing on the helmets. As previously posted on this forum Poe's helmet says Poe on the back of the head and near the ear it says Roaehal. After finding numerous images of Jessika Pava's helmet from the exhibit (scroll down to find the pics that show the aurebesh http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70259&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15) I am almost certain that her helmet reads "Steve" near the ear, has the letters GD on the back, and on the visor says "nao."This is really confusing me. Is it possible that these helmets are hand me down items and have the name of the original owner?

You probably got it a lot cheaper than I did then :)

I commissioned the design for my daughter, so it will be scaled down a little to fit her head, if it was for me, I would have to scale it up to fit my giant pumpkin.

You probably got it a lot cheaper than I did then :)

I commissioned the design for my daughter, so it will be scaled down a little to fit her head, if it was for me, I would have to scale it up to fit my giant pumpkin.

How much does it usually run to print something like this?

This is my Brothers Poe I'm working on.

Pants are Vietnam Utility pants,

Shirt I got at Sears on clearance oddly enough.

Belt I made the buckle for.

Boots are the screen accurate ones.

Jacket is the original Magnoli with JJ Griffin greeblie

12468d30b118233b16ad8cd3f2506603.jpg

fa52d52fd7502f873b2c0c1eb70bac06.jpg

37cabe0fe5b9cb8f74d9462a5866b4a0.jpg

0d6857703bbbd9484be0e285e2b15ad7.jpg

8c6ccbd5b14518ea503521f13dc0eb0e.jpg

1476eca61c80366ade850182724a120f.jpg

And one of us from when we saw the movie (in my pre-release Kylo sans helmet) . He just wore his jacket. The jackets just cool to wear out.

8d32d5941daf63cf308dedf0662ec13f.jpg

e946dab59173e4f5ff5bd339e73bcbe6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 578694 this was given to me by a good friend of mine and it is what I used.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's the diagram we started with on the TFA premiere pilot built. It was made before the movie came out and there are a couple of inaccuracies, but it's a good start. The biggest change is that the upper and lower front sections of the vest (parts 3 and 5) are actually one piece that connects under the collar. That's visible here.

That's the diagram we started with on the TFA premiere pilot built. It was made before the movie came out and there are a couple of inaccuracies, but it's a good start. The biggest change is that the upper and lower front sections of the vest (parts 3 and 5) are actually one piece that connects under the collar. That's visible here.
Cool thank you for that info. In that case I already made mine wrong. But I am glad you were able to corect it for other people.

Cool thank you for that info. In that case I already made mine wrong. But I am glad you were able to corect it for other people.

You're quite welcome. At least it's not a very visible difference. Strongbow has a really good version posted a few pages back that does have the right shape.

Has anyone found any "good enough" alternatives to the Po-Zu Well 2 Black boots? I hope to be able to pick them up, but $250 boots are quite the investment after a custom jacket and 3D printed helmet and/or blaster rifle. In case the budget gets tight, I'd like to have options.

I'll be printing it soon, I can let you know how much filament it requires if that is the question?

It is hard to estimate what it costs to print until you print it, and often with large jobs you end up having to reprint a piece or two because of problems you don't discover until you print it etc.
How much does it usually run to print something like this?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back