So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

All the charts I've seen over the years give it as a size-and-a-half difference, so a women's 11 would ostensibly be a men's 9.5. But like you said, depending on fit... If there is no men's boot with the low-rise upper, we could maybe take this to mean they run large -- up to a half size -- or maybe they squished Oscar into them a la Peter Cushing and his riding boots in ANH. Depending on how they're built, I can squeeze reasonably comfortably into a full size smaller than my ideal.

My real point was: Given the variables involved, Oscar definitely could be wearing the women's boot in that and other images where he appears to have the low-rise version, and there could easily not be a men's equivalent out there to keep looking for.

--Jonah

Very true. It's so dependent on the fit. I've generally found a pretty standard 2-size difference for myself but in women's sizing I've worn everything from a 6.5 to an 8 depending on the fit so I can absolutely see that there would be an equal variance between men's and women's sizing (especially because men's shoes are generally made wider than women's). It makes online shoe shopping very hard!

Not yet, that I know of. Most of us have eithet modified a commercial pattern for the suit, or patterned off off of one that fits. I made my vest pattern using an ols shirt that fit. I sketched the shapes i needed on it, cut it apart and made a pattern.

InstagramCapture_b2cd1711-6e26-467c-812f-bc66af1ffe3c.jpg

So, i got a few belts and buckles for my harness, and used the vinegar and salt trick to remove the finish.

What is the best way to get the shine back on the buckles?

So, i got a few belts and buckles for my harness, and used the vinegar and salt trick to remove the finish.

What is the best way to get the shine back on the buckles?

I have been using a black ink(games workshop Nuln Oil) wash an just sponging it off. So far it looks pretty good.

Search flashback props on Facebook. I seen him doing some work on one. I'm guessing he's done by now. I got a boba helmet off him earlier this year and it was spot on!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6961eda180a89cd9faf2d958fbf56f85.jpg

There's a pic of one. Whether it's poe's I don't know. Don't know much about the x wing helmets but it's superb anyway

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160606/6961eda180a89cd9faf2d958fbf56f85.jpg

There's a pic of one. Whether it's poe's I don't know. Don't know much about the x wing helmets but it's superb anyway

There is some nice work there, but the visor housing has significant inaccuracies. What he has there is an SPH-3 visor housing, which is similar but not the same. Early on I got one and and was attempting to modify it. You can get close to the right shape, but not quite. Still, it ain't terrible.

Apologies if this was covered earlier in the thread, but have any alternatives for the gloves been found? Last I heard the original source was unavailable. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an email alert today that the Po-Zu Well 2 Black boots are back in stock! So if you still need those to complete the Jakku flight jacket costume, now's the time. :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back