So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

Finished up my Poe Dameron ejection harness last night. Months of research, all webbing sourced from the vendors that supplied the film (minus the home-made paddles, of course), and a copious amount of sewing, riveting, measuring, and painting.

Final Belt Sale Front.png
Final Belt Sale.png

So, I threw some primer on the parts and taped the kit together. Pretty happy with the result so far. I opted not to add a cover to the trigger because it would stop it from moving. At first I wasn't too keen on this design since it looks a bit chunky, but I have to admit it has grown on me.
attachment.php

Joatrash, you knocked it out of the park! You even got the correct SIG base that they used for the film (there's multiple airsoft models out there, but only one that I've found to be correct).

Looking great @WilhelmScreamer Dirty that vest up! It's way too clean. What are you, some snot-nosed recruit with no flight time, or the best damn pilot in the galaxy!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my Poe blaster - I used Aprilstorm's great model as a base.

Separated the nozzle in Netfabb, tweaked size, and increased width of the rest by 20%. I thought about making a new trigger guard since it's a bit large but I'll leave that for a future build :)

Painted with krylon brushed nickel satin and matte aluminum. Weathering with Real Touch gundam markers (though looking at the Wired photo, it needs a misting of black paint to dirty it up a bit more).

onte said: Finished up my Poe Dameron ejection harness last night. Months of research, all webbing sourced from the vendors that supplied the film (minus the home-made paddles, of course), and a copious amount of sewing, riveting, measuring, and painting.

Can you tell what you used to attach the paddles to the belt?
I tried pop rivets, but it won't hold up...

:)
Sigge

I made my paddles out of plastic and used jeans rivets(see link), which worked quite well.

http://www.amazon.de/403102-Nieten-...8&qid=1450717552&sr=8-9&keywords=jeans+nieten

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back