So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

It's an sph -4b or the HGU-56. . The HGU-56 has almost the same shape but the ears are more flat and boxy. The Ears of the ep7 pilot helmet are a cover of some type but I can't figure out what.
poe dameron back 4.jpg

I have been in contact with the Rebel Legion builder in the UK he is willing to put in a hose order for shipment to the US. I'd like to gauge interest here.

Show of gloves - who would be interested in going in on a bulk order?

I'd like to get back to him soon.
I would be interested as well.

I am still working on the flak vest...I found that I did not like the results that the foam gives on those channels in the flak vest...they lose their edge when sewing in...so I went to Home Depot and found some pine molding that is 1/4" x 3/4" and used that instead...I think it works much better than the foam and keeps a crisp edge..

IMG_7400_zpsal2tu9wi.jpg

I will probably remove the foam from the inner panel and replace with the molding..and still figuring out some other stuff...but there are less pins...lol..

IMG_7401_zpssktwnsia.jpg

I do have the proper boots and gloves...and just got the belt and the trim for the arms and the collar...

The reality is that had this X-Wing Pilot costume been on display at Celebration Anaheim I am sure that everyone would be a lot farther along...and a lot more certain of things...as it is...we had to wait for some decent images to come out...and still there are a lot of questions..
like..
what color is it really?

Anyway....I would love to get this done by the premier...but have to be realistic on how much time I have...and one big stumbling block is the flightsuit....starting from scratch will take forever...

Where I would LOVE to get 2 of these:

18343167605_327dc80110_o_zpsmkqswe6e.jpg

they do not ship to the USA....
neither do the folks who have the proper hoses....

IF there is someone from the UK who would be willing to act as intermediary for me...I can paypal them the money for the items and shipping to the US...

Please pm me if anyone is willing...

It's an sph -4b or the HGU-56. . The HGU-56 has almost the same shape but the ears are more flat and boxy. The Ears of the ep7 pilot helmet are a cover of some type but I can't figure out what.
View attachment 543506

I'd love to see a side by side with the Ep VII helmet. To me, the SPH-4 looks too wide. But the rear lower profile is right...... <sigh> They did a a LOT of work in the ear-cup area, that may make all the difference.

Look at the sph-4b. It's an updated version of the sph-4. The lense cover matches the one on the ep7 pilot helmet.

Interesting. I've ordered some old (and cheap) SPH-4 shells and an SPH-3 visor housing. Gonna see what I can make. The SPH-4B itself is way too expesnsive to get just to experiment. If I can get something close, I'll be happy (for now).

Interesting. I've ordered some old (and cheap) SPH-4 shells and an SPH-3 visor housing. Gonna see what I can make. The SPH-4B itself is way too expesnsive to get just to experiment. If I can get something close, I'll be happy (for now).

Well good luck! If you can do something with it and you make a mold I want first dibs to buy!

Don't know if anybody else noticed this strap end on the flare belt?

View attachment 544938

Paul

Yeah, can;t see it in any other images, so I'm inclined to think it was coming loose. But can;t tell for sure without more reference pics.

Agree. Hard to say. It could simply be the fastener flipping around. if it is indeed loose, it may indicate the costumers also attached the strap directly to the pant leg to keep it from sliding down.

I think it did just slide around, that fold would normally be hidden on the inside of his leg. I just noticed it today as well when I was trying to ID those buckles on his leg straps. Anybody else had any luck? They seem to be two-tone brass and gunmetal.

Interesting to see how it is made up though. The other thing I spotted and I am sure others of you may have to is the fact that of the other pilots seem to be wearing them on the other legs and above the knee!

Paul

I think it did just slide around, that fold would normally be hidden on the inside of his leg. I just noticed it today as well when I was trying to ID those buckles on his leg straps. Anybody else had any luck? They seem to be two-tone brass and gunmetal.

I can't tell on the colour they looked silver/nickel to me, but it's really a case of we still don't have enough pictures yet. The problem I have found here in England is the 3 bar sliders/adjusters I can find seem to be a lot rounder in the corners than the costume ones. I found a few squarer ones but they seem to be more rectangular. I might have found some (which I ordered) that might be suittablel, I'll take some pics of them on the webbing when I get them in the next few days.

Paul

The leg buckles are just sliders.... no tongue on it. The pics aren't quite clear enough to make it out, but for now I'm just going with a white metal 1 inch slider. I haven't seen a good pic from the rear, but I think that strap (which looks like it's meant to emulate a leg-retention strap as used by modern pilots) is one piece all around the leg. It is fastened to the leg on the inseam, and it appears to me like it is either sewn or glued to the leg, as it is follows the folds of the fabric pretty closely.

Yea, the buckles are just decorative, the straps are stitched down until about 2 inches away on either side.

They're not just regular sliders, the center bar seems to be a separate piece and it looks pretty large, kind of like the knurled bar on the roll pin buckles.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back