Snow Commander / AT-AT Driver Glove commpad

I've been looking at old cameras, turntables, connectors, and still have not found it. What on earth (or galaxy far far way) are you?

Anyone ever notice this? Sorry if this was common knowledge but I always though it was the same 2 pilots in all the scenes but now that i look 1 ATAT had pilots with arrows on the back and the other no arrows and the dash switches are different between ATATs. Learn something new everyday....lol

ESB02.jpg

atat_screen03a.jpg

I do believe that the same item you are looking for appears there and there. VW wire insulator. Someone from Germany could do a us a great favor sourcing one to measure it.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 93
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 93
I noticed these in the snowspeeder cockpit, and had no idea there was already a thread because they're everywhere!

Is the translucent center the original part you think? The knurled knob seems to be an addition

I strongly believe they are that part you are talking about. BTW, I am searching for something else, but I stumbled across this part, which is related somehow with the part I am modeling.

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_095405.jpg
    IMG_20220816_095405.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 73
I did a larger investigation on that compad and still havent identified what the real parts were. However i did find that greebly in a lot of places in esb and rotj. Its on snowspeeders, xwings, crew belts, navy tropper belts. Etc.

My post is on a 501st forum and after that post another member requested these be part of the crl and now a few more costumes have it. It was great to see it on belts and not just the gloves.

hey guabe I sent a message via Shapeways but I figure I'd ask here. Your connector looks the closest to the real prop so I was wondering if you could make the same connector with 4 additional pin slots. i.e. expand it from 5 to 9 and it could be used for the ATAT chest and other chest pieces. The slots will allow the addition of some bent pins to be inserted as well. Then just find some 90 degree pins to fit. LMK!

hey guabe I sent a message via Shapeways but I figure I'd ask here. Your connector looks the closest to the real prop so I was wondering if you could make the same connector with 4 additional pin slots. i.e. expand it from 5 to 9 and it could be used for the ATAT chest and other chest pieces. The slots will allow the addition of some bent pins to be inserted as well. Then just find some 90 degree pins to fit. LMK!
sure thing lets work on it. Im sorry I dont visit shapeways like i used too...

I have seen a type of switch with a similar body shape. Could be a coincidence, let me see if I can dig it uo

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back