By the way i think i know who wears that belt
AT-ST-driver-small_zpsd9628cde.jpg

1743462_10152025315253557_720617705_n_zpsf3b1209a.jpg

Attachments

• 20141111_190156.jpg
    20141111_190156.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Drifting off topic a bit, but look what I found when looking at pictures of molex connectors. This looks an awful like the greeble on the AT-AT driver chest box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 99
I see that Mon Cal use a similar greeblie as the one you found on both comm pad and chest box.
Indeed, the greeblies on the chest box and comm pad could very well be the same type, but I am convinced that that Molex connector you and Mon Cal found is the wrong type for at least the comm pad.

Here is a picture of an original chest box:
atatdriverchestbox.jpg

Last edited:
So i have been thinking on making this belt:
commpad.jpg

which is used by both the imperial crew and the AT-ST drivers (not seen on screen)
officers.jpg

atstdrivers.jpg

I designed a belt buckle cover to be used on top of a the large Tandy belt buckle blank along with the compad. I uploaded the belt buckle to shapeways and updated the compad model slightly. I always sharpen the features a bit because the printing and paint process dulls them.

belt2.jpg

belt3.jpg

Let's see how it turns out.

Last edited:
BTW all that talk of pinball connectors. Pinball displays were used on the carbonite hero panel you know!

It's been a while since I posted in this thread but recently I became aware of other uses for the belt and the greebly.

The crewman on the right (thats on screen)
mctxyjC8WGmUognjeYDSyEkbHDlj9REG87M5JYJSZ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Navy trooper (on screen)
star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-12000.jpg

Mon Calamari rebel pilot (deleted scenes)
7vpLnZGLcpRBH0IJtcA-5rfwmj1bRG6VoilNNNLCI&usqp=CAU.jpg

And who can forget Navy trooper Fenson?
340?cb=20150621180903.gif
latest?cb=20191118025702.jpg

I am getting obsessed with finding out the origins of this compad/comlink I hope you guys can help with the search

Man I rewatched ROTJ and found Fenson again hahaha. Most Navy troopers used this belt design

Fenson02.jpg

ROTJ02.jpg

ROTJ04.jpg

ROTJ05.jpg

I need to get a 4k version for clarity...

And Im just waiting on the leather to complete

1589673931199.png

1589673958078.png

1589673972179.png

If you guys want to print your own, here is the link for all the parts. Free download or print at shapeways.

My brain is now in tune with this greeblie, Im rewatching ESB in 4k and im finding it everywhere... The base must be a stock part for ssomething since its used so frequently

ESB02.jpg

ESB03.jpg

ESB04.jpg

ESB05.jpg

Seems that the keypad of the greeblie in this version is attached on the back and has more terminations... I really believe its the saem piece just with more terminals
ESB08.jpg

Ok the battle of hoth is over... lets keep watching.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back