SMT Galactic Shuttle

I think taking a year to get a kit out is a bit much. Don't you?

But some slack should be cut to him given the current situation.

Originally posted by cobywan@Aug 4 2005, 06:51 PM
I think taking a year to get a kit out is a bit much.  Don't you?

But some slack should be cut to him given the current situation.
[snapback]1049706[/snapback]​

I agree...........and slack should be given. But those who pre-ordered were told it would ship in June.

Exactly.

Although it's none of my business. Because I don't buy from them anymore. But I should just shut-up though.

But it's hard for a jabber jaw like me.

Ahh, don't sweat it Coby, talk all
you want..... ;)

While I have NO axe to grind with Colin
myself { I want THAT clear,OK.. } :p
I have heard from more people then I
care to count..

As a fellow modeler and general all around
guy, he's one HELLUVA' nice guy . :thumbsup

As a BUSINESSMAN, he leaves much to be
desired... :thumbsdown

Again, NOT attacking or picking on the man..
Just passing along what info I know from being on
Sci-Fi Modeling Boards for YEARS on end... B)

Colin's always come through for me and while the wait can be trying it just build's the anticipation. My last shipment was lost in the mail and finally ended up at the wrong address. Luckily it was one of Colin's other customer who notified him of the screw up. At no expense to me, Colin had that package overnited ($50..).

If you check the SMT website, buying direct from SMT will soon be a thing of the past.

Originally posted by SSRN Seaview@Aug 4 2005, 10:27 PM
If you check the SMT website, buying direct from SMT will soon be a thing of the past.
[snapback]1049887[/snapback]​

Well if future orders are like this.........buying anythign from them will be a thing of the past for me.

I bought 4 kits in teh past 5 months from this board.......all BSG related. I got emails if there was a delay, apologies about the delays, emails when they shipped, tracking numbers where they applied and emails asking if it was all ok. Can't argue with that. Now why can't they do the same?

As stated above, not bashing anyone personally, just questioning business practices.

Originally posted by DARKSIDE72@Aug 5 2005, 08:54 AM
:lol SMT models are inaccurate, implied crap (resin erroneous turds if you will)... always have been, always will be.
[snapback]1050451[/snapback]​

Ouch..

Originally posted by srne+Aug 6 2005, 01:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(srne @ Aug 6 2005, 01:43 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DARKSIDE72
@Aug 5 2005, 08:54 AM
:lol SMT models are inaccurate, implied crap (resin erroneous turds if you will)... always have been, always will be.

Ouch..
[snapback]1051201[/snapback]​
[/b]

Darkside, quit holding back... tell us what you REALLY think. :lol

Well, its now August 8th and still no word about the kit. One would have assumed that the parts would have been cast by the late of June as that's when the shipping was supposed to occur. So the parts should, at absolute worst, be sitting in bins waiting to be packed and shipped? That's monkey work. Anybody can do that.

There really isn't any reason for a further delay if Colin has friends who will help out.

Unless of course, the parts aren't done for some reason. But that's sheer speculation on my part.

-Gordon

Would be nice to get ANY type of response. When is it shipping? Whats the delay?
Yeah but who is helping out? And are they aware that this was SUPPOSED TO SHIP IN JUNE ..............................

Originally posted by spcglider@aol.com+Aug 8 2005, 03:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spcglider@aol.com @ Aug 8 2005, 03:20 PM)</div>
Originally posted by srne@Aug 6 2005, 01:43 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DARKSIDE72
@Aug 5 2005, 08:54 AM

Ouch..
[snapback]1051201[/snapback]​

Darkside, quit holding back... tell us what you REALLY think. :lol

Well, its now August 8th and still no word about the kit. One would have assumed that the parts would have been cast by the late of June as that's when the shipping was supposed to occur. So the parts should, at absolute worst, be sitting in bins waiting to be packed and shipped? That's monkey work. Anybody can do that.

There really isn't any reason for a further delay if Colin has friends who will help out.

Unless of course, the parts aren't done for some reason. But that's sheer speculation on my part.

-Gordon
[snapback]1052732[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by JP05@Aug 8 2005, 04:36 PM
Would be nice to get ANY type of response.  When is it shipping?  Whats the delay? 
Yeah but who is helping out?  And are they aware that this was SUPPOSED TO SHIP IN JUNE ..............................

It is currently August 12th. The original shipping schedule was "late June"... approximately June 20. So its not exactly two months yet that it is late.

Patience is a virtue.

I sincerely hope with all hope that everything is well with Colin and his family, but I'll be extremely disappointed if this all turns out to be flim-flammery because the parts aren't coming out of the mold properly or he's having troubles with his molds or something.

I don't know Colin, nor have I dealt with him before, and I am not intending to impugn his current situation, but I've known this sort of thing to happen in the past.

I was possibly the most vociferous in support and defense of Colin on this board (and others). I hope that he isn't going to let me down.

-Gordon

I understand taking time off to work through grief, but I would point to Alfred Wong as a model for Colin. Alfred has suffered the same loss, but has not allowed it to have such a severe negative impact to his business dealings. I suspect the delay we're experiencing with the shuttle would have ocurred whether Colin experienced a personal tragedy or not.

Originally posted by Lanboy@Aug 12 2005, 07:27 PM
I understand taking time off to work through grief, but I would point to Alfred Wong as a model for Colin.  Alfred has suffered the same loss, but has not allowed it to have such a severe negative impact to his business dealings.  I suspect the delay we're experiencing with the shuttle would have ocurred whether Colin experienced a personal tragedy or not.
[snapback]1056334[/snapback]​

Most unfortunate.

-Gordon

Originally posted by spcglider@aol.com+Aug 12 2005, 06:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spcglider@aol.com @ Aug 12 2005, 06:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-JP05
@Aug 8 2005, 04:36 PM
Would be nice to get ANY type of response.  When is it shipping?  Whats the delay? 
Yeah but who is helping out?  And are they aware that this was SUPPOSED TO SHIP IN JUNE ..............................

It is currently August 12th. The original shipping schedule was "late June"... approximately June 20. So its not exactly two months yet that it is late.

Patience is a virtue.

I sincerely hope with all hope that everything is well with Colin and his family, but I'll be extremely disappointed if this all turns out to be flim-flammery because the parts aren't coming out of the mold properly or he's having troubles with his molds or something.

I don't know Colin, nor have I dealt with him before, and I am not intending to impugn his current situation, but I've known this sort of thing to happen in the past.

I was possibly the most vociferous in support and defense of Colin on this board (and others). I hope that he isn't going to let me down.

-Gordon
[snapback]1056309[/snapback]​
[/b]

Gordon,
Thanks, but I dont need to be reminded that paitence in a virtue. I am sitting here waiting patiently to get my shuttle. I am just frustrated at the lack of communication and the unanswered emails. I lost my brother 2 years ago. I am very familiar with losing a family member, and I wish it on no one. So I sympathize with Colin and his family. I would just like to know where my order stands.

Steve

Well, in case you didn't know theres
an update from Colin on this....

QUOTE,

" PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

Update for August/September 2005.

Just a quick update on the changes here at SMT.
I want to thank all of you for your recent support. This has been a very difficult time for us, but your understanding and patience has made it easier.

There are some major changes for 2005.

I have truly enjoyed this past 5yrs of service to you folks and look forward to bringing you some exciting new kits.
That said, we are slowly phasing out the majority of our current line of kits. I am suffering somewhat from burnout and need to slow down. SMT has poured over 20,000 parts in the last year. To this end I'm phasing out most of our kits as many of you have noticed. All current orders for kits OTHER THAN the dropship, hyperspace and BSG shuttle are completed and shipping before the end of August. The hypers will be finished just around the middle of Sept and the Dropships should finish up about a week later. What this means is the Shuttles will be a bit more in shipping time yet (other than the handful already sent). The shuttle monies have been used for resources for the kits (Al's payments and so forth) and we cannot currently process any more refunds for the shuttle kit. However we are processing the kit orders as quickly as we can and all affected WILL get their kits. If however you wish not to wait, email us. We are offering any other SMT kit, of under a $200.00 USD value, as a replacement to the Shuttle, even some that have been discontinued. I am sorry, as I realize this is frustrating. I am doing it this way so that I am able to accomodate everyone.

I have also cancelled the reseller program with Federation Models effective immediately. "

Posted at STARSHIP MODELER....

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/cgi-bin/php...pic.php?t=29471

Sounds like to me he's pretty much
done and over with the Garage kit business.... :confused

Isn't this the second time around that they're done with the hobby? IIRC several years ago they disapeared and repopped in again in 2001.

Hmmmm, not sure about that ?
I don't remember THAT far back.. :D

I'm jsut curious if all that pre-ordered
the Shuttle will get one ? Anyone HERE
got thiers yet ? He did mention that
a number of them shipped . :thumbsup

I'm still waiting. I e-mailed him last week and got a reply back that last weekend they were going to be figuring out exactly what they were going to do and how it was all going to work out.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back