Limited Run <<< MPP >>> anyone??? _ NOW SHIPPING!!!

I’ll check and see. I have M2 in steel but the cap is much smaller. I’ll see if M2 plastic ones are available, maybe the cap is bigger on the plastic versions.

Until these photos of the hero prop surfaced, I had always made my ESB T track too long.

I finally cut some for this project and used those propstore photos as reference. straight cuts and slightly longer than the ANH track

Until these photos of the hero prop surfaced, I had always made my ESB T track too long.

I finally cut some for this project and used those propstore photos as reference. straight cuts and slightly longer than the ANH track
What size are they? Are they the same as Roy's blue prints or shorter?

I am making mine to look like the prop store. Broken track and all.

So close... just a tad too large. The top profile looks great! Any chance they have any smaller ones? Theses are super close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are the new plastic M2-0.4 screws that just came in today from Amazon, they are pretty close I think. The plastic version's head is slightly bigger and more rounded than the steel M2-0.4 ones I had thought would work. From left to right, steel M2-0.4, plastic M2-0.4, and plastic M2.5-0.45

I mounted them on a spare WannaWanga t-track for size reference.

42630302192_052c1b3762_h.jpg

42630454062_f0c1a4bb59_h.jpg

Last edited:
I'm noticing a brass color around the socket holes on mine. it's only sat on a shelf really, but it has been handled a bit. is anyone else getting tarnishing or plating rub off?

I mentioned this a few pages back, they seem to all be like that. Its probably from the plating getting scorched when the holes were cut or something.

&lt;&lt;&lt; MPP &gt;&gt;&gt; anyone??? _ NOW SHIPPING!!!

Plating is probably done after tube is cut and drilled. I think the brassy color around holes is caused by the plating process itself- usually three metal layers- and one of them is showing through the slightly insufficient final silver-colored layer, particularly around the holes. Probably happens a lot. Minor effect but I guess the factory should QC for that next time.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but has anyone tried replacing the stock Romans D-ring with a slightly smaller one, and if so, which vendor? (smaller outer dimensions, not wire diameter)

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but has anyone tried replacing the stock Romans D-ring with a slightly smaller one, and if so, which vendor? (smaller outer dimensions, not wire diameter)

I changed out the D-ring on mine - stock one looked a little large to me too. I'd thought it was one of Roy's D-rings, but I don't see one on my receipts... Most likely it was instead just a basic one inch "Sew-ology" type from Hobby Lobby (judging from the package with one missing I found in my parts bin):

1564259504032.png

It's a little mangled but gets the job done (the original wasn't really perfect either!). At least 1/4" was removed from the welded joint to get it on there, and to make sure as it was squeezed into place it got a little sharper at the peak as in the reference pics.

Wannawanga/Roy's looks like a nice and probably better option too.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back