smashers p1 shin sculpt finished

smasher

hi there well started on a new sculpt a cupal of weeks ago as my shin armour i have on my suit at the moment is just strimming leg guards so iv started a P1 shin sculpt i still have a little more work to do on smoothing and and the knee bit hope you like i will be molding hopefully by next week :p

well all done with the sculpt i will wipe it down with some white spirits before molding just to make shore it smooth cant wait to mold and pull the first cast now

Will this be a latex casting? or Resin.
I'm also doing boots but will be casting in latex I still haven't figured out whats the best way to mold/cast it.

Will this be a latex casting? or Resin.
I'm also doing boots but will be casting in latex I still haven't figured out whats the best way to mold/cast it.
i will be casting the shins in latex or thow if i make armour i like it to be armoured but casting these in resin would have meant alot of work and cash i will be casting my guyver shins in casting resin but as for now iam waiting to order some chavant as i have now got to the stage wear iam finding klean clay to sticky and a bummer to smooth out

well all done with the sculpt i will wipe it down with some white spirits before molding just to make shore it smooth cant wait to mold and pull the first cast now :p
They look good. Alittle advice....make sure you let them set for a good 24 hours after smoothing with mineral spirits to let the clay stiffen up again and then coat with krylon acrylic clear and give that a good 24 hours also.i've made both mistakes ! You get the sculpt done and just cant wait to get the mold done and pour your first one....haste makes waste. Then you should let the mold cure for a couple days.......they suggest a week or two....but who can wait that long!? Just some friendly advice in case you weren't aware.Don't know how long you've been doin this.

They look good. :p Alittle advice....make sure you let them set for a good 24 hours after smoothing with mineral spirits to let the clay stiffen up again and then coat with krylon acrylic clear and give that a good 24 hours also.i've made both mistakes ! You get the sculpt done and just cant wait to get the mold done and pour your first one....haste makes waste. Then you should let the mold cure for a couple days.......they suggest a week or two....but who can wait that long!? Just some friendly advice in case you weren't aware.Don't know how long you've been doin this.
yer cheers buddy its allway best to hear mistakes and how not to lol i was just wondering thow if i spray the sculpt with clean coat will it mess the clay up for future uses

not really.....I only spray a thin coat of krylon acrylic clear on my sculpt's.
I reuse all my clay , but i use chavant medium. I kneed it all back together and you can't really notice the clear coat.It shows up here and there but it is nothing to be concerned about.Glad I could help.

well guys here my first shin cast i had a bummer of a time with this mold as i did not fit to well together and iam baffald why but all is sorted now

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back