SLS 3D Printed Thomas Bangalter's Daft Punk helmet project.

The only blue print images I can upload are posted on the first page in my first post. Thanks for the encouragment.

As a status update I am currently working on making a bottom cap to get ready for silicone. I had a go with silicone on my first protoype bottom cap but I had a bad batch of silicone. This gave me a chance to revamp and improve the bottom cap. So thats where i am at right now. hopefully some pictures for you all soon.

Made this the other day for cutting out visors. It will get a coat of primer to keep it from rusting since it's just steel, then the bottom side will get thin rubber sheet glued to the bottom to keep it from moving while I trim.

imagejpeg953_2.jpg

Thats a pretty slick idea, definitely a lot easier than measuring and drawing each visor by hand.

Plus it looks like it could double as a weapon, if your house ever got broken into.

Made this the other day for cutting out visors. It will get a coat of primer to keep it from rusting since it's just steel, then the bottom side will get thin rubber sheet glued to the bottom to keep it from moving while I trim.

And here I thought you were just not impressed with commercially available putty knives and made your own.

I actually do have an update. When I get home today I will post some pictures. Helmet has been chromed and an LED matrix fitted. I should have posted a while ago. Here is one quick shot I found on Google form a con I attended.

otakon1_zps42b10627.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back