SLAVE 1. 1/6 SCALE BUILD

If you're really going to do this - maybe pick how you want to display it (landed I would assume), that way you don't haev to do the parts that can't be seen... Just a thought.

Jedi Dade

If you're really going to do this - maybe pick how you want to display it (landed I would assume), that way you don't haev to do the parts that can't be seen... Just a thought.
Jedi Dade

Thanks for the thought Jedi Dade...it is going to be displayed landed as in ESB, Bespin scene and therefore, yes, the whole engine bay will not be seen, but I kinda think well; I'm probably not gonna build another big Slave 1, so I may as well make this one as complete as possible, it may be that the display set changes and I might have to add the engine parts retrospectively and also, I do want to have every part modelled so the ship is complete if any one else wanted to build one. So it will be complete in every detail, even though it most probably won't be seen

Here's the fuselage mostly done and primed. Done all the scribed panel lines. Added most of the greeblies and fitted the guns. Just the pipes to add and a couple more greeblies. I'll get some better pics when I've rubbed down the primer

gpGlpvol.jpg

zHwKIGZl.jpg

work continues on the hull; laminating the inside, ready for filling

n1t2Ivwl.jpg

Thanks guys...so got the wing ball shell things and the front valances glassed in place, And fitted the windscreen surround

View attachment 1286917 View attachment 1286918

She's starting to feel like an actual craft now

View attachment 1286919
View attachment 1286920

It's an incredible piece.
Just one thing. Maybe it's the fact the skirt isn't on yet, but those side fairings look awfully large. It's maybe perspective, but all the pics i have of Slave I, thise are quite slender and don't add as much width as yours seem to.

latest?cb=20161219065840.png

Hey Gheleon...u are absolutely right! I had forgotten to remove the flat edge I added to make the wing bells printable and just stuck them straight on. Hopefully I would have noticed before doing too much more but seriously, thanks dude!
So I have re-jigged them and done some more work inside the cockpit to brace the whole thing together and give me an internal structure to fix onto the skirt

qvMBkVOl.jpg

lQ1zUEul.jpg

SiEpab8l.jpg

Hey Gheleon...u are absolutely right! I had forgotten to remove the flat edge I added to make the wing bells printable and just stuck them straight on. Hopefully I would have noticed before doing too much more but seriously, thanks dude!
So I have re-jigged them and done some more work inside the cockpit to brace the whole thing together and give me an internal structure to fix onto the skirt

That's great.
I'm glad it wasn't just my eye that was seeing it wrong!
Great save.
Can't wait to see more.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back