SLAVE 1. 1/6 SCALE BUILD

So I've been busy finishing other projects but i'm back on the Slave and I'm a bit stuck on the greeblie/kit parts in the main engine. If anyone can identify these parts or has any decent pix I would be grateful. Can't find any clear ref pix online and the model kits I have are just simplified shapes

So there's this part that is mirrored just above the Hasegawa part below the engine

so
71e99b876495b5b7e657b1b71759ce47 (2)_LI.jpg

And these 3 parts; the 2 small greeblies stuck on the inside of the hull and the larger triangular piece above the wing
71e99b876495b5b7e657b1b71759ce47 (3)_LI.jpg

Cheers

Incredible! Can't wait to see this thing come together. It'll be HUGE!!!!! Will you be doing an interior hold and if so, how are you planning to access it?

N

Incredible! Can't wait to see this thing come together. It'll be HUGE!!!!! Will you be doing an interior hold and if so, how are you planning to access it?

N
No, not an interior hold as such but I will have to have a ramp and part of the visible interior as well as a fully detailed cockpit

So here are my latest offerings on this project...got the wooden 'ribs' cut out and attached the strings, ready for skinning and fibre glassing the hull.

FYIt96tl.jpg
2gQeuwSl.jpg

Also the main body of the fuselage is coming together using a similar method but skinned with bendy ply and laminated

0bw4AtHl.jpg

HjBtSMpl.jpg

Also finished the armature that should hold it all together and act as a spine to bolt everything onto

vK78tSZl.jpg

How do you,.....what do you,......where did you,......how,....where did you come from????????

I need a Thesaurus for different words for amazing???????????????

How do you,.....what do you,......where did you,......how,....where did you come from????????

I need a Thesaurus for different words for amazing???????????????
Thanks dude :ninja:

So more work on the fuselage. The scene I am replicating has the ship's ramp extended and the 'ceiling' retracted upwards. I mocked up an interior which will be lit from inside.
ccsMpfAl.jpg

JjoIHBPl.jpg

RJQdYcxl.jpg

yfyHGWVl.jpg

The hull is all glassed and ready for filing. This is a before shot with the dust sheet spread over the form.
yi0xrLTl.jpg

That hull looks amazing so far!

I am sitting here paint chipping my Bandai Slave 1 and I was looking for reference pics when I found your build. Now I am looking at my model, looking at your build, looking at my model, somehow I feel a bit inadequate in a bunch of different ways :)

Nice work!

Finally, I'm not the only one who likes to build Bigatures(y)(y)(y)Love the scale to death!! Huge is not the word anymore...looking forward to your next update!!

That hull looks amazing so far!

I am sitting here paint chipping my Bandai Slave 1 and I was looking for reference pics when I found your build. Now I am looking at my model, looking at your build, looking at my model, somehow I feel a bit inadequate in a bunch of different ways :)

Nice work!

Thanks skahtul...it seems that size, really does matter :p

Where the hell will you store it after? lol

It's going to the Star Wars museum in Germany...Outpost One; outpost one

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back