Sideshow 1:1 life sized ESB Boba Fett Statue COMIC CON PICS!

Tom when I saw the preview pic on the sideshow website i have to say I was disappointed. But seeing the con pics I stand way corrected. I've built lifesize fetts and i know how hard they are to do and yours is amazing. Really really pleasantly surprised by this. Great collaboration, its really great.

Thanks for the kind words man!

The preview pic was just a quick progress shot Alex took, definitely not the best representation of what we were working towards. Always a good move to wait to see the final pics before judging :)

best,
Tom

Tom, will the hard armor pieces be taken from original sculpts, or will any be dervied from scans, etc. of the original pieces?

Slave1, these are mostly original sculpts, though many of them are based on years of study and/or measurements of the original pieces. Some elements trace back to original castings and others are castings of "found items" and such.

best,
Tom

Specifically, I was wondering about the hard armor pieces.

To date, none of the armor (that I know of) that has been out in fan hands has origins back to the original costume save the helmet. So if any of the armor pieces or jetpack on this replica will be cast or scanned from original pieces, in my mind that would be a hugely significant event for that fact alone.

I.e. getting a backpack with this that was molded off the original ould almost be worth the price of admission alone.

I'm an ROTJ Fett fan to the end, but this isn't looking too shabby
2d527395_image.jpeg

That one looks great, but if I might make a suggestion, it would be nice to give him good arms and legs. I mean, he's a bounty hunter, so he shouldn't look weak with thin arms and legs. I'm not saying he should look like a wrestler, but an average human muscle mass would be nice :)

That one looks great, but if I might make a suggestion, it would be nice to give him good arms and legs. I mean, he's a bounty hunter, so he shouldn't look weak with thin arms and legs. I'm not saying he should look like a wrestler, but an average human muscle mass would be nice :)

I agree.

These 1:1 figures are so hard to get right. I sold a very high-end Fett costume because I couldn't get it to look right on the mannequin.

I'm really hoping that SS comes through with a great manny with this one. His arms and legs do look a little too thin. Hoping they fix that! :$

I don't fully disagree that perhaps it needs work, however, Bulloch is a pretty regular looking guy.

The style has change and these days characters have the big muscles.

I don't fully disagree that perhaps it needs work, however, Bulloch is a pretty regular looking guy.

The style has change and these days characters have the big muscles.

I know what you mean, but pay special attention to the wrist, elbow, knees and thighs of Bulloch. Stuffing somehow the SideShow big doll could be probably cheap and easy, and if we're going to pay several hundreds (or possibly thousands) for this, I think they can certainly do it. Perhaps even sponge could help.

img-db_fetts_arrival.png.jpg

These 1:1 figures are so hard to get right. I sold a very high-end Fett costume because I couldn't get it to look right on the mannequin.

Tell me about it:$ Here's my life-size Fett I've been working on and even after hours of futzing, there's still little details that "bother" me. The trick is trying to get the suit to flow on the body underneath in a natural way.
DSC_0095.jpg

2d527395_image.jpeg

Is there a reason Sideshow put the knee armor on upside down?
As for the size of the mannequin I think it looks pretty damn good, Jeremy was at least 20 lbs thinner back then maybe more, so the current shot of him in the suit that was recentley built for him is not a good reference.

Knee armor is s/a to the carbon chamber scenes in ESB. :p

I do think the knee armor is removable (magnets?) and can be displayed either way.

Amazing job Tom!

^beat me to it:lol

In the Carbon Freezing scenes in ESB, they had his knees upside down. Probably just due to a lack of attention to detail, so technically, upside down knee pads are screen accurate. They're magnetized though so you can just easily flip them upside down. Nice touch so everybody can have their preference.

Appreciate the feedback guys. Jeremy was definitely thinner during ESB. A Chicagovader pointed out, the pic Manooga posted was from about 25 years after production, so not the best reference.

TDH has a great gallery of ESB shots and you can see just how thin he was, especially in the legs and ankles.

Boba-Fett-Costume-Empire-Strikes-Back-01.jpg

Boba Fett Empire Strikes Back Costume - Executor Bridge - The Dented Helmet Gallery

Boba Fett Empire Strikes Back Costume - Bespin Hallway - The Dented Helmet Gallery

I think perhaps the sleeve is a bit tight on the arm in the latest Sideshow shot, which could be giving the look of being more thin than he appears in the film.

Oh and YES, the reversible knees are indeed a feature, not a bug :)

Tom

Oh you're right, he did gain some weight in the last 25 years! haha. Using that last pic as reference, SideShow's job is most accurate.

I was admiring a youtube video of the Boba Fett last night. Anyone know when it might go up for presale, and eventually when it might become available? With the recent Disney acquisition, I'm sure a lot of things are in flux. I hope there's no chance of this project getting cancelled.

The lifesize Vader looked really nice as well. All the info I've ever heard from the Sideshow prototypes is "yet to be decided". If they do produce these, I'm almost tempted with the Vader; it'd sure make things a lot easier...:unsure

I was admiring a youtube video of the Boba Fett last night. Anyone know when it might go up for presale, and eventually when it might become available? With the recent Disney acquisition, I'm sure a lot of things are in flux. I hope there's no chance of this project getting cancelled.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back