Sideshow 1:1 life sized ESB Boba Fett Statue COMIC CON PICS!

I am not a Don Post fan. I purchased the life-size trooper in 1998. It was a huge expense for me at the time and I contemplated the decision for months. I finally decided to go through with it because it was presented as an exact replica.

I got it home and started looking at it and the disappointment began to fester after I spent $1000s. The helmet isn't even close.

Don Post had total access to the archives, frequently showed screen shots in the advertisements, and claimed to have modeled an exact replica.

By just looking at the photos the DP Stormtrooper looked horrible, every single part was off, and to booth they used their same crappy helmet mold for the mannequin, TBH that was their crappiest replica ever, their Boba Fett was also way off but overall more presentable.

Gerardo

I noticed Sideshow took down the life size Boba Fett and Darth Vader from their Coming Soon section. Does anyone have the inside scoop? These have been in the pipeline for a few years, and removing them doesn't seem like a good sign.

Oh yeah, that can't be good. I wondered what the sale to Disney would do to the replica and lifesize statues, if anything

I sure hope they still offer these...I'm still geeked to get both of them :)

I've been somewhat out of the loop, so maybe there's another thread on this news?...

Star Wars Boba Fett Life-Size Figure by Sideshow Collectible | Sideshow Collectibles

So…it's here for pre-order. What say you guys? The price seems to be about what we all thought, especially compared to the HIC, etc?

I'm trying to find a reason not to get this but having a hard time :)

Hey, if you can afford it and have the space for it, I say go for it. The prototype certainly looks great. Personally, I'm sticking with this:

Built it myself for about a third of the Sideshow cost. This was a budget build btw. You could easily spend $7500 buying all the best parts.

Last edited:
Nice job Matty :) You should be proud of yourself for such a fine build. I've placed my order for the Sideshow Boba as I think it's a very impressive piece but yours certainly sits well against it mate. Here's to a nice cold beer :cheers for such a cool character and to Sideshow for bringing our dreams to reality.

G'day Tom, I have to say that I was so excited when I heard and saw the Sideshow Boba Fett that as soon as I could order one through my supplier I was straight onto it. After an email saying that it was now available for purchase I just had to see it for myself before handing over all that cash. Well, I have to say that this is the biggest disappointment since Star Wars Episode 1 and it so far apart from your magic version. The neck looks to long, the mannequin too thin, the weathering is overdone and that blast mark on his left thigh is just ridiculous looking. Also, what happened to the base??? I've since cancelled my order and feel like cancelling my order for the life size Yoda too as my faith in the life size stuff has somewhat diminished. Sorry to sound harsh but I had my heart set on this and the mass produced version is really not up to scratch. I own quite a few of Sideshows Premium Formats and love them but I'm thinking I'll stay away from the life size stuff now. Just wondering if Sideshow might look into this as it's not an attack on them but constructive criticism from a very disappointed fan :(

They do need to fix it and also look into the quality control a bit better as it's not a cheap item. I'm seriously looking into buying "Bobamakers" complete outfit now as it looks to be a very fine piece. I appreciate anyones feedback :)

Licensed lifesize displays look off to me because often they aren't a dressed mannequin with actual helmet and armor pieces etc or even soft cloth sometimes . . just solid cast pieces. A piece like matty's above looks infinitely better, a costume not a statue.

Here's one pic of bobamakers Fett. It even has the wavy brow and has this unique feature where the helmet turns and follows you. Here's the link to his site.

http://www.bobamaker.co.uk/ Head_Turn_Boba.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back