Sideshow 1:1 life sized ESB Boba Fett Statue COMIC CON PICS!

I wonder how hard upgrades would be. For example, the Blaster.

I'm guessing anywhere from 3000 to 8000.

I can't wait to find out.

BTW- is anyone looking to hire. I need another job.

I wonder how hard upgrades would be. For example, the Blaster.

I'm guessing anywhere from 3000 to 8000.

I can't wait to find out.

BTW- is anyone looking to hire. I need another job.

My guess is $5000-$8000. But man I hope you're right with that
$3000 number :)

I thought it had already been posted somewhere that the tag on this was going to be $6000. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I swore it was on another forum.

I seriously doubt they know the final price at this stage. They have to identify a factory that can meet the requirements, get prices for each component and price accordingly. I may be wrong, but I'd say it will be a while before we find out. If it's under 5K, I'm in, otherwise I'll have to pass.

Dave :)

I'd give good money to see close-up pics of that helmet. That paint job is so intricate, that has to be the selling point of this statue.

I'd give good money to see close-up pics of that helmet. That paint job is so intricate, that has to be the selling point of this statue.

Some great close ups in the Rebelscum gallery here: Rebelscum.com: San Diego Comic Con 2012

Do you want my paypal addy for the "good money"? ;)

Alex Alva did an outstanding job with the paint work on that helmet! We tried to take a fresh look at all the colors and such and IMO, the results thus far are wonderful!

Tom

Wow,awesome.Looks very good.I would say the price is in the same region like the sideshow 1:1 Endoskeleton.But really worth the price if they can match the quality of this great prototype.:thumbsup

Tom

It was a pleasure to work with your team on this project. Thanks for letting me be involved!! Big shout out to Alex AKA Spideyfett....I got to watch him paint every single part and let me tell you this guy has mad skills.

That looks great, unfortunatly i´m pretty sure i won´t be able to buy one...
I expect it to be around the $5000 mark like everyone else.

This isn't a knock on Sideshow. I built a life-size R2 myself and the licensed ones don't come close to the one I made. However, a licensed one made like mine wouldn't be realistic.

So what do the experts see wrong with it?

So what do the experts see wrong with it?

In this case most of the experts worked on it. Its not perfect, but I think it's a wonderful effort.

Most great fan suits out there have parts and/or paint from the same artists who worked on this statue. I think its the best so far.

I hope Sideshow can do justice to the awesome paintjob!

Last edited:
Well done to all those involved. Boba looks great.
One can only hope Sideshow are able to produce equally pleasing results during production.

Tom

It was a pleasure to work with your team on this project. Thanks for letting me be involved!! Big shout out to Alex AKA Spideyfett....I got to watch him paint every single part and let me tell you this guy has mad skills.

Thanks Jason (and Alex, yes... MAD skills!). You were a huge help in the final push for CC man... very much appreciated!

Tom

Tom,

I'm very stoked about this project. Unless hell freezes over, I will definitely be ordering one of these. Feel free to use me as a test guinea pig if you need to test packaging/shipping :love

Over the years, I've collected many of the lifesize offerings from Don Post, Illusive Concepts and Sideshow. In almost every case, the prop builders do a better job, however, this one is going to be dam* close!!

I really like what I'm seeing so far... Please don't compromise on quality and accuracy!! Keep the faith and this will be a highly-sought after collectible for years to come!!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back