Sideshow 1:1 life sized ESB Boba Fett Statue COMIC CON PICS!

Here are recent pics so you can see what andyoda is talking about. I actually think they did an ok job with the paint. Not nearly at the level of the prototype, but that's to be expected. Sideshow dropped the ball on pretty much everything else. It's really a shame.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 191
Hey Matty, I'm glad you posted these pics as it might, just might get Sideshow to realise just how much they've let us down. I'm starting to think it's just retail now for them and $$$$ and the original collectors that loved and bought their stuff (I've stacks of their figures) don't matter anymore even though we're the ones that probably got and kept them in business. I hope they have the balls to maybe apologise for the stuff up and/or offer some kind of rebate. When I first ordered it back in March 2014 it was a dream come true, then it went up by over $2,000 which I was prepared to wear as I really wanted it. When it came out this week, I was so disappointed with it and thought for the original price I could've at least modified it and brought it up to scratch but for the extra 2 grand I though they can now stick it...

Sideshow's QC is such a joke now that it's beyond belief. I was going to buy their 1:2 scale Iron Man Mark VII statue until members on another forum started posting pics of the finished product and I saw what a piece of junk it turned out to be. It looked like something that should cost $500 not $2000.

When I saw the prototype pics of the 1:1 Fett I was really excited because I thought someone was actually going to make a licensed screen-accurate Boba statue, but the pics that have been posted of it in this thread and at TDH show that Sideshow has once again completely failed to deliver a decent product. This thing is going to be $7500 plus shipping which is an absolute joke, but then again they're crazy enough to charge $7k plus shipping for a life-size HIC when a more accurate one could be built for several thousand less. At this point I've completely given up on SS and doubt I'll ever buy another product from them again. I'm betting Tom and everyone at TDH feel like they completely wasted their time giving SS something great to work with and then watching them completely drop the ball. Damn shame!

OMG that's a very simplified paintjob compared to the prototype, you can make your own from all the parts available for approx $3000

Gerardo

I'm with you Brent! I've actually started selling off my Star Wars Premium format figures as I've always had in the back of my mind that they weren't all that great for the money. Sideshows prototypes or pics on the box always look so good, but when you open the box and see the item inside it always puts a bit off a mmm in my mind :( I also collect Hot Toys stuff and they always impress me with all that they do even though some of the faces are a little off. Their stuff is always high end quality, finished off beautifully and I think their new 1/4 scale Boba looks magic and craps all over the Sideshow Boba that I once had. The Premium Format Boba was very disappointing when I opened it and was so light and plastic feeling compared to my others. I've since sold it to a good friend for the original RRP and was glad to get rid of it.

The helmet looks very poor, not just the lacklustre paintjob but the shape and size is no where near screen accurate. On a premium piece like this i would expect nothing but the best attention to detail.

From the neck down it doesn't look bad but the head is the focal point on a figure, to me at least so it should be near perfect.

Just found this on another forum. I laughed like The Joker at their comments about quality standards.

"Thank you for placing a pre-order with us for a Darth Vader Life-Size Figure. We appreciate the patience that you have afforded us during the manufacturing process of this item. Over the past six months our teams have put a high emphasis on quality control so that the final presentation is the best representation of our creative objective. When we have identified that an item is not meeting our standards in the production process it's our policy to halt manufacturing in order to address any concerns.

At this time, we have made a difficult decision to halt the production of the Darth Vader figure because we are unsatisfied with the quality. Rather than move the delivery date out again, we are electing to completely remove the item from our website with the intention of reintroducing it at a later time. Because of this, your order is being canceled and your deposit or any payment toward the Darth Vader is being refunded in full. We’ll send you an email notification when your refund has been posted.

However, we will retain your order information in-house and contact you first via email with an offer to rebook a Darth Vader figure before it is listed on our site. It’s unfortunate and awkward for us to be this delayed, but we’d rather not ship an item that we feel can be done better, especially for our Star Wars fans."

WOW!! this is basically the polite way of saying "this is not profitable enough to contiue production so here's your money back"

Gerardo

Okay I need some advice on Sideshow given everything stated here.

In about 18 months my nightmare will end, my Mrs. will be done with school and I can start really re-building my collection.

One of my Holy Grails is the Sideshow 1/1 Terminator Endoskeleton.

I don't have much for Sideshow as I feel they are way overpriced but the few things I have had- 1/6 ROTJ Fett and my Beloved 1/1 Salacious Crumb recently re-aquired I have been very happy with.

So in light of all the negative comments about the Fett and some past items I am curious if anyone is familiar with the 1/1 Terminator Endoskeleton and what they think of it?????

I also noticed Boba is gone from their website as well. Did he sell out or did they pull him???

Thanks

Tom

In about 18 months my nightmare will end, my Mrs. will be done with school and I can start really re-building my collection.

I don't have much for Sideshow as I feel they are way overpriced but the few things I have had- 1/6 ROTJ Fett and my Beloved 1/1 Salacious Crumb recently re-aquired I have been very happy with.

So in light of all the negative comments about the Fett and some past items I am curious if anyone is familiar with the 1/1 Terminator Endoskeleton and what they think of it?????

I also noticed Boba is gone from their website as well. Did he sell out or did they pull him???

Thanks

Tom

I actually really like the Endo apart from a few inaccuracies.Its a solid product. I don't have one but have seen a couple in the flesh. Very impressive.As for that Boba,it's a joke. How that even gets passed for the price is disgusting. For that money you could build yourself 2 or 3 screen accurate ones. Sideshow needs to clean their act up or people will go elsewhere. They pay Chinese workers a pittance to make them and then whack a huge price tag on them and deliver a turd that looks nothing like the prototype. Real nice Sideshow. Sideshows customer support and care lately has been thrown out the window. I've bought many things from them in the past but their latest attitude and product makes me stay away these days.

Ben

Ben

I actually really like the Endo apart from a few inaccuracies.Its a solid product. I don't have one but have seen a couple in the flesh. Very impressive.As for that Boba,it's a joke. How that even gets passed for the price is disgusting. For that money you could build yourself 2 or 3 screen accurate ones. Sideshow needs to clean their act up or people will go elsewhere. They pay Chinese workers a pittance to make them and then whack a huge price tag on them and deliver a turd that looks nothing like the prototype. Real nice Sideshow. Sideshows customer support and care lately has been thrown out the window. I've bought many things from them in the past but their latest attitude and product makes me stay away these days.

Ben

Ben

I agree with every single word you said about Sideshow. I used to buy their products, but any focus they may have once had on quality and accuracy is completely gone these days and I won't reward their practices with my hard earned dollars. The difference between the Fett prototype and the finished product is an absolute abomination. I was ready to buy one when I saw the pics on their website, but as Sideshow always does, they farmed the finished product out to a factory in China that cared nothing about accuracy and it turned out to be a complete joke.

One thing I will disagree with you on slightly is being able to build 2 or 3 screen accurate Fett statues for the price of Sideshow's(which was $7500 + shipping). I looked into having a completely screen accurate ESB Fett done and it was going to run me well over $5k. That's still a much better deal than the SS, especially since it would look like it just came off the screen. :thumbsup

I agree with every single word you said about Sideshow. I used to buy their products, but any focus they may have once had on quality and accuracy is completely gone these days and I won't reward their practices with my hard earned dollars. The difference between the Fett prototype and the finished product is an absolute abomination. I was ready to buy one when I saw the pics on their website, but as Sideshow always does, they farmed the finished product out to a factory in China that cared nothing about accuracy and it turned out to be a complete joke.

One thing I will disagree with you on slightly is being able to build 2 or 3 screen accurate Fett statues for the price of Sideshow's(which was $7500 + shipping). I looked into having a completely screen accurate ESB Fett done and it was going to run me well over $5k. That's still a much better deal than the SS, especially since it would look like it just came off the screen. :thumbsup

Cheers,

When I say 2or 3 accurate ones I meant as in I would do all the work myself from kit sources. Probably more like 2. But where I live shipping a huge statue like this would be a huge price. If I get kit parts to assemble and paint myself and build my own mannequin as I did with my Stormtrooper it would be significantly less. I urge people who think they don't have the skill to build things themselves to give it a go. It's most of the fun for me and i truly believe with patience and care anyone can do it. :)

Ben

G'day Tom, we have the Sideshow V1 1:1 Terminator at work which I feel is a very nice piece but for your money I'd go for the V2 mate. The first version has these very ordinary blast marks on it and they look like a stencil has been placed over the body and airbrushed on. When you compare the two versions together the V2 is a much better build and doesn't have the poxy blast marks and has two pulse rifles which I think are cool. I cancelled my 1:1 Sideshow Boba (with great sadness) as it was pretty darn ordinary compared to the pre-release pics and although I was buying it for around $7,500 through our wholesaler here in Australia I just couldn't justify it. If it looked like the prototype pics I would not have battered an eyelid but they really missed all the key points on it :(

I also have the 1:1 Sideshow Salacious at work and it's not too bad apart from the painted eyes.

I've the 1:1 Sideshow Yoda pre-ordered so I'm hoping they come up with a good piece and don't paint or make the eyes out of decals. They should use Tech-Optics to make their eyes as I buy and use their eyes and they are really top notch. Will see how Yoda turns out when I get him next month and if his eye are painted on or they use decals I will be investing in a pair from Tech-Optics and modifying him.

Check out this thread about the 1:1 SSC Endo statue, might be of your interest: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/f...endoskeleton-combat-veteran-edition-help.html

Thanks

Tom

I've seen two in person and they were impressive!!! I'm not a expert on the inaccuracies but the impact was WOW! definetaly one of their best pieces

Gerardo

Thanks guys. I think if they are still available I will go to them in person and look one over before I buy it to make sure quality control has not gone down.

Very sad to see the end result of the Boba and the Carbo Han is not looking good either.

Very Dissapointing.

I wish there was another good option for a 1/1 Endo. I don't like giving Sideshow my money when they are knocking out such poor quality products on what should be their perfect pieces.

I don't want to try and build one from a resin kit so I will just have to see.

A lot has to go right for a while before this can happen anyway.

Thanks again.

Tom

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back