Show your Dr. Who props!

I need some HELP, with a project. I'm in the process of making a Nestene Energy Unit, & need some suggestion,s or ways I can make a one piece hollow shell. I like to see witch method would be the easiest & less costly method.

I all ready made a paper mache meteorite covered in paint.
IMG_20191203_083109.jpg

If I use the vacuum forming method I would have to cut the mold in half. I thought of trying to make a blow mold, but the mold would have to be thick to withstand the plastic bottles air pressure. I also thought of making a two half plaster mold & make a resin shell, but I need more information, AKA, YouTube video on how to make a plaster mold.
I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

I need some HELP, with a project. I'm in the process of making a Nestene Energy Unit, & need some suggestion,s or ways I can make a one piece hollow shell. I like to see witch method would be the easiest & less costly method.

I all ready made a paper mache meteorite covered in paint.
View attachment 1091036

If I use the vacuum forming method I would have to cut the mold in half. I thought of trying to make a blow mold, but the mold would have to be thick to withstand the plastic bottles air pressure. I also thought of making a two half plaster mold & make a resin shell, but I need more information, AKA, YouTube video on how to make a plaster mold.
I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Hope this works out, its a great idea for a classic who prop.

Always wanted a dalek eye stalk for my shelf
Sooo I 3D printed one
DCD3CBC6-AB3C-46D3-98CB-D5F5B359905F.jpeg
19D61E66-6C9F-4FFB-AD0D-E30AE8374389.jpeg
36C17301-6C9D-4BC7-8115-1181A5D66117.jpeg
FEA6D7EA-A086-455F-B338-A1BE867B3B53.jpeg
757E02BE-6ACB-441B-A30A-676D7557B199.jpeg
E3D6C986-AB9D-42A0-A380-C06186A334B7.jpeg
D941A675-C426-40EA-BB74-00CFE12BE59E.jpeg

I designed and printer the stand
THEN I gave it away to my Nephew for Christmas who is also a Dr Who nut
I will now have to build myself another

Last edited:
Its been a very long time since I posted here, but thought I would share what I have been working on for the last 2 years. Currently waiting on some metal bits, but this is the progress so far. Kenneth Sharp Console, 3rd Doctor era.

View attachment 1243286

I also built two time rotors for it.

View attachment 1243288

Thanks for looking.

Karst
I know this phrase is overused but...

...wow, just wow!

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Its been a huge learning experience, I attempted a console build way back, but failed miserably with lack of focus and concrete plans and well..experience. This one I am very focused on to get as good as I can get. I have a video of it in full action as well so far. I'm a bit further on than this now but this was right after I got the two panels fully wired.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Its been a huge learning experience, I attempted a console build way back, but failed miserably with lack of focus and concrete plans and well..experience. This one I am very focused on to get as good as I can get. I have a video of it in full action as well so far. I'm a bit further on than this now but this was right after I got the two panels fully wired.

Awesome button now pressed

Dose anyone have any info on The Master's Spyfall Shrinking Device? I was requested to build it & I'd appreciate any help. Blueprints, hearsay, screencaps.

View attachment 1248030

I forgot to mention I made a blueprint of this prop from what I could get from the screenshots I could find.

View attachment 1248034
Could try and knock something up in fusion 360 if any more reference material comes available
Your finger ring looks to small

Could try and knock something up in fusion 360 if any more reference material comes available
Your finger ring looks to small

Im not that good at detailed images. Fusion 360 is a bit to complex for me. This is just a rough drawing, I''l leve the detailed images to the professionals. And thanks for spotting the ring detail. I'd would have missed it.

I own a Doctor Who like Sonic Replica which has an led which changes between Red and green, which has a silver and gold body, which I purchased of eBay, Stuart (12thDoctor66)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 202
I recently made another Doctor Who prop discovery - I say “recently”, however I actually ID’d this prop in 2014, although it’s taken six years to find one! Sort of, I wasn’t exactly searching every day. Here we have the Seventh and Eighth Doctor’s Yo-Yo from the Doctor Who TV Movie, which turned out to be a No-Jive Mandala YoYo made by Tom Kuhn. As the Tom Kuhn yo-yos were all made in natural wood and had laser engraved text and markings, the props department had filled in the center details/text to remove the branding, and then painted it gold and black. I found my yo-yo in December and finally had some time in January to complete the screen accurate mods seen here.

Disclaimer: I also replicated the hospital tag on the bag, however it is not completely accurate, due to a lack of good source material between the DVD and Blu-Ray releases, that said some of it is accurate as I relocated the details and text that I would make out - which some was a bit weird at that - and then made up the rest based on the basic layout and premise of the tag.

Disclaimer 2: Yes, I am aware that I used the Original Series Seventh Doctor pocket watch, rather than his TVM pocket watch, however I mainly threw that in for effect.

Also pictured are the RB Replicas Sonic Screwdriver with the button detail thatI had discovered and had added in 2014, the 800-Trekker TARDIS key that I've had since 1995/6, the 7th Doctor pocket watch that I made with the accurate Casio watch insert and a 3D printed part thanks to Brian Uiga, and some replica Jelly Babies - as they lat longer than the originals.

2020-01-30-TVM-Yo-Yo-14-Instagram-Post.jpg
2020-01-30-TVM-Yo-Yo-15-Instagram-Post.jpeg
2020-01-30-TVM-Yo-Yo-13-Finished.jpg
2020-01-13-TVM-Yo-Yo-01-Tom-Kuhn-No-Jive-Mandala-Yo-Yo.jpeg

Update on the blueprint. I'm guessing the prop has a gear, copper tube, blue LED & a plastic frame covering everything. I got some screencaps from a fellow prop builder on Tardis Builders. Login

Shrink Device temp 2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back