Show your Dr. Who props!

My new season 12 scarf was finished tonight, really pleased with it, it has a real weight to it being in aran and currently measures roughly only 8 foot long, although I'm sure that'll change once I get some wear out of it, although I'm not planning on blocking it as I don't need a longer version, the correct pattern is enough for me. Here's a pic:
10926449_10152965776114647_4015854325016902579_n.jpg
Really very pleased with it.
One a different note, I emailed Russ of Russ Replicas last night and he's sent my Fourth Doctor sonic replica out today :D so I'll post updates when that eventually arrives,
Thanks,
Jamie

View attachment 425374
My son with our version of Handles, and of course 11. My first attempt at building a prop. He's not the prettiest thing...but he lights up and has a Bluetooth speaker buit into his head for a little music or conversation. I had intended that Handles play clips from the show on a loop, the kids thought it would be more fun for him to blast dance music.

Wow! That looks amazing. I'll definitely be adding this to my list of props to build in the future. Fantastic work.

EDIT: How did you build it? Was it pepakura or scratch-built?

Last edited:
Wow! That looks amazing. I'll definitely be adding this to my list of props to build in the future. Fantastic work.

EDIT: How did you build it? Was it pepakura or scratch-built?

He was "scratch" built. But I cheated...I took a cyberman halloween mask and seriously altered it. When I find all the photos, I'll put together a step by step.

Hi

UK lurker here. I might be wrong but there doesn't seem to be much call for Dr Who on this site. It seems to be largely Star Trek and Star Wars so I am pleased to see some interest still

I assume that a large number of visitors are American, so getting to see actual props close up might not be easy to do. I have a couple of photographs from the Dr Who show in Cardiff, and I will be back down there later this year. I can upload what I have if anyone is interested

Certainly it's a British series, But with Dish service, many people get BBC broadcasting. I've seen many Who props here. I'm following several threads about building tardis' and K9 and there's a dozen or more threads about sonic screwdrivers. There certainly seems to be a good following here. Now one of my other interests, Gravity Falls.....very few people doing their props at ALL. No comparison.

2ndDoctorrecorder_zpsdc1a4497.jpg

And I already have a thread on this, but...

Attachments

• 2ndDoctorrecorder_zpsdc1a4497.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 55
    236.8 KB · Views: 48
    236.8 KB · Views: 55
    236.8 KB · Views: 51
    236.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I finally finished my custom TARDIS console. It took me around six months and £40 to build the old girl, but it was all worth it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424419934.544607.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424419949.763208.jpg
I have more photos posted in a gallery over on tardisbuilders.com, so feel free to check that out (I'll post a link if anyone's interested).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back