Show your Dr. Who props!

You can get 2nd Dr's too as the replicas have been made by a US Co. Terasolo has one. See the 2 Dr Sonic link threads. I think if the were easy to find in Antique shops a lot more UK based members would have them and from what I've read only one member has and one ex member.

Good luck though you never know ;)

My sonic screwdriver collection:

1O0mliv.jpg

The Third, Fourth/Fifth, Eighth, and Twelfth Doctors' screwdrivers are 3D-printed (the first three from Shapeways, the last on my UM2). The rest are the commercially available toys (plus a jeweler's torch for the Second Doctor's).

I also made Jackson Lake's sonic screwdriver from "The Next Doctor", but I need to make a new display case in order to include it:

7acqKdU.jpg

Eventually, I hope to make a more screen-accurate one for the Second Doctor, plus Romanadvoratrelundar's sonic.

Just got my New Haven lantern last week which has been my grail piece that I've been hunting for a few years now.
So my New Who series TARDIS lamp collection is complete (until they change it again :) ).
I have two other Gardman lantern tops to fit on the Anchor lantern and the New Haven lantern, but wanted to leave them stock for now.
NEW-WHO-LAMPS.jpg

I know that the War Doctor's sonic was made from a modified 4th Doctor's sonic toy, but does anyone know what it was that was added to the bottom of it? Custom made, or found part?

Quick thread-bump to show my on-going 1st Doctor cane project. The one on the right is my "dry run" to see if I could actually build the thing. It is an antique vine twisted cane which had a broken handle so I bought a piece of Red Deer antler and shaped it into a new one. Last step is to put the collar on. I bought a piece of Sterling Silver to make one. The handle is nice and solid though the stick twists the wrong way to match the first one that Hartnell carried but I like it.

The one on the left is the "work in progress" obviously and should be pretty accurate to the Hartnell prop when completed. It has the correct number of twists and they're spaced approximately the correct distance apart. I've refined the shape of the twists and the next step is to get a piece of deer antler to fabricate a handle.

Cheers :)

Dave

DC%20Canes_01.jpg

Totally forgot to post this.
After the success of my Timelord Staser gun from Hell Bent I decided to try the Timelord Guard rifle. Well I got right to it and being so sure of myself I didn't check back and the reference photos untill I was almost finished. It was then I discovered the mistakes I had made. Still happy with how this came out but as you prob see it's not a 100% replica of the original. Very important lesson always check the reference photo and artwork at every point of the build. Also 2 of the gold bits I made for the Middle disappeared somewhere in the workshop. They will turn up so untill then I have left it so that can be added at later date. Main body in Eva foam again with aluminium rod and pvc pipe. Let me know what you think.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back