Show-off: Yoda and Solo Anh Blaster

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Darthmagpie, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Darthmagpie

Darthmagpie Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    Just thought i would show off my last 2 projects.

Yoda:
    I made the clothes and the Manequin. Wish I had done a tutorial on the Mannequin.
    I used PVC and gooseneck (the stuff on desk lamps)for the joints. So he is fully posable.
    Ioncannon Made the latex parts and painted them. The cane is temporary until I feel like wittling.
    [​IMG]

This is that prop I kept putting off.
    Recently purchased the Denix and the Blast-tech(I believe) Kit here.
    Not very complex but fun. I made the bull barrel(slip over) Drilled out the flash hider to accomodate,
    Tapped the Mouser for the bracket. I used rub and buff for the waethering, can't see it very well.
    One thing I really like is I used the gold leaf RnB on the scope, again you can't see it very well, but it came out great and makes it look authentic. I love this prop. If i had a holster I would probably wear it all day.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Wackychimp.

Thanks all for looking. Now to finish that Tusken Raider.........

2. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

Very nice blaster. Doesn't the RnB smear off though if you handle it?

3. Duck9000

Duck9000 Well-Known Member

Beautiful work, but my favorite here is the Han Blaster :eek . You made an excellent job. Congrats.

4. Darthmagpie

Darthmagpie Well-Known Member

I used RnB on a resin saber. after it dries and you whipe it/rub it I have never found it on my hand. I think it has the same properties as wax. once you wax a car you can touch it without it comming off on ou hand. I suppose excessive handling like anthing will wear off.