Unlimited Run Shifter knob for car version - "It's not a toy" Razor Crest Knob for baby yoda - The Mandalorian

love it! thanks again!
20200824_162227.jpg
20200824_161649.jpg

I wanted a smoother texture and some weathering, so I sanded through the grits, polished with some MAAS, and went through a few rounds of aluminum black and 0000 steel wool. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, the weathering and scratchy surface is a bit overemphasized in the pics:

IMG_20200904_173154 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200904_173339 - Copy.jpg

Gave this to my GF as a birthday gift, one of her Civic Type R's is already Manadalorian themed so it fitted right in.

Patina added using Aluminum Black and steel wool. Fitted all three brass threaded inserts (from the kit linked earlier) then a slug of malleable tungsten in the top section for added weight, shifting is now even more crisp.

Screenshot_20201110-094756[42204].png

Last edited:
Nice. You fit all three meaning each goes inside the next? Is that how they work?
The kit is multi purpose and comes with three adapters, they all have the same external threads to match the internal thread on the knob but have different internal threads to suit various applications. There is enough room for all three end to end inside the knob with the appropriate one at the bottom. This combined with the tungsten in the top adapter and the already additional weight compared to the standard knob made the shifting more positive when she is competing.

Being an avid Star Wars fan she's really thrilled with it and this particular car, (she has several), is going to get further treatment to add to the theme.

IMG_6924.JPG

These are in stock and shipping. New version comes with blue permanent marker in the ring.

Attachments

• PXL_20210113_013155640.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210113_013155640.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 128
Anyone tried that auto-shifter adapter? We just purchased a 2018 Subaru Outback which a previous owner blacked out and removed the badging so I'm turning it into my own Razor Crest. Obviously, it would be made 100000x better with one of these but I'm worried that I'll be SOL due to it being an auto!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back