Shield Labs

chocobo86

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Friends,

I have a quick question and wasn't sure where to post. Does anyone have any different contact info for this company other then what is readily available online? I ordered 2 shields from them back in May and have not received them to date. They were slightly responsive right in November right before the 6 month timer expired on raising the issue with PayPal. Since then i've received no response through email, social media, and phone #. Any help would be appreciated as i spent 1,400 on 2 shields and seen nothing in 8 months time.

If i posted in the wrong area or you have better suggestions to reach out please let me know.
Thanks!
-K

chocobo86
Were you ever able to reach them?
I'm in the same boat as chocobo86. Ordered back in March 2021, and have been ghosted since the time he said he'd ship. I'll catch him on another social media platform and he'll respond, but as soon as I bring up the shield that he owes me, he immediately starts ghosting from that point on. I've tried every email address I've found, instagram, facebook, etsy, and his cell. He's active on his social media pages, and I've seen etsy reviews from people saying that they've received their orders from him recently. I've found a few other people that have gone through the same thing and it's really frustrating that just because we ordered from his site before he opened his Etsy store, he's screwing us over. At this point, I just want my money back.

I ordered a replica Captain America shield in April 2021, paying nearly $800. I never received it, and it took until July 2023 to pry most (but not all) of my money out of this company. They ignored most of my emails. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

I was able to get mine through the Prop Central Etsy contact, who I believe is related to the Shield Labs person.
It's unfortunate that he's operating his business this way because the Cap Shield looks great.

I was able to get mine through the Prop Central Etsy contact, who I believe is related to the Shield Labs person.
It's unfortunate that he's operating his business this way because the Cap Shield looks great.
Did you order it through Etsy, or through his site?

I ordered a replica Captain America shield in April 2021, paying nearly $800. I never received it, and it took until July 2023 to pry most (but not all) of my money out of this company. They ignored most of my emails. Worst company I have ever dealt with.
What did you do to get most of your money back?

Did you order it through Etsy, or through his site?
I ordered through his site.
I sent a few emails and Instagram messages but never received any replies.

Then I found out that Prop Central on Etsy was somehow related to Shield Labs, so I contacted the lady on the Etsy site to see if I could get some information. She was kind and responsive, and after a few communication exchanges (through Etsy) my shield eventually shipped from Shield Labs.

I took the time to thank her after I received the shield, it really is a nice piece. Without her I would have needed to contact my credit card company, which I was about to do at the time.

As for the Shield Labs gentleman; I don't have any information to help me understand, so I won't speculate. But if he can't operate his business, for whatever reason, he should get someone to help, or remove the purchasing feature on his site.

--

I hope this helps.

I ordered one through Etsy as well, and Misty was usually responsive. It did take around 8-9 months rather than the expected 4 because of aluminum shortages, but in the end the shield is very nice and worth the wait.

I got a hold of Misty and they said that they're going to work on getting me the shield I ordered 2 years ago. She was really nice, and I hope that they can follow through.

Im in the same boat as people here, I ordered a whileeee back but its been hit or miss with communication. I was able to talk to him in person at C2E2 and he was talking about new painting process (Anodizing??) for the shield and if I wanted to wait till that came out. Very nice guy to talk to but it's been about 7 months since C2E2. I did reach out and got in contact with Misty, she was quick to respond back to the my initial message but has been radio silence since then. Hoping to hear back soon but its been a long and now frustrating process.

Also there's a new option for 25inch stamped vs the 24 old shield. Does anyone have any insight on if I should just stay with the 24inch one vs the new 25 inch stamp shield?

Im in the same boat as people here, I ordered a whileeee back but its been hit or miss with communication. I was able to talk to him in person at C2E2 and he was talking about new painting process (Anodizing??) for the shield and if I wanted to wait till that came out. Very nice guy to talk to but it's been about 7 months since C2E2. I did reach out and got in contact with Misty, she was quick to respond back to the my initial message but has been radio silence since then. Hoping to hear back soon but its been a long and now frustrating process.

Also there's a new option for 25inch stamped vs the 24 old shield. Does anyone have any insight on if I should just stay with the 24inch one vs the new 25 inch stamp shield?
i just looked at the propstores auction catalog that has one of the shield from The First Avenger, they measure it 24.5 which doesnt exactly help. I myself am not 6" so I prefer my shield being the 24".

I’m in the same boat. I ordered in September of 2021 and have never received my shield or gotten a response to multiple emails and DM’s. It looks like the Etsy store is closed and I’m not sure what to do other than try to find him in person at one of the events.

I’m in the same boat. I ordered in September of 2021 and have never received my shield or gotten a response to multiple emails and DM’s. It looks like the Etsy store is closed and I’m not sure what to do other than try to find him in person at one of the events.
What the heck.

Response from Misty:

"We’re not on RPF, but maybe whoever is saying that may have come to our Etsy link and not found us. We have our own domain now & site, www.shieldlabs.shop
Less fees and no possibility of the holds etsy has been placing intermediately since 2020. For right now we are trying to direct all the traffic through our own Site and not the 3rd party market places. Feel free to share that link to anyone who was only looking for us on Etsy. It’s all linked in our Instagram account.
Thanks again for your patience and support, and let me know if you need anything.

-Best Regards,
Misty"

Response from Misty:

"We’re not on RPF, but maybe whoever is saying that may have come to our Etsy link and not found us. We have our own domain now & site, www.shieldlabs.shop
Less fees and no possibility of the holds etsy has been placing intermediately since 2020. For right now we are trying to direct all the traffic through our own Site and not the 3rd party market places. Feel free to share that link to anyone who was only looking for us on Etsy. It’s all linked in our Instagram account.
Thanks again for your patience and support, and let me know if you need anything.

-Best Regards,
Misty"
Hopefully, Misty is now managing that website, because that's where I initially ordered my shield and never got a response.
It's only after I contacted Misty on the Etsy site that my Shieldlabs[dot]shop order was fulfilled.

Hopefully, Misty is now managing that website, because that's where I initially ordered my shield and never got a response.
It's only after I contacted Misty on the Etsy site that my Shieldlabs[dot]shop order was fulfilled.
That's where I ordered my shield as well but got ghosted until I messaged Misty on Etsy. Seems to be a pattern and I hope they figure it out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back