Sherlock Coat opinions/info?

2m is just about enough to make a suit jacket providing it’s not an overly large size and the fabric doesn’t have a large pattern repeat. For an overcoat like this one I’d imagine something in the region of 4m would be required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tailor indicated me that I should get 2m if the fabric is 1,5m wide. Still not enough?

Well, I got the dark brown buttons (you can't even notice it) but the details aren't as yellow as I thought. Should I paint them or leave it that way? The guy who sold them to me also has the small buttons that are attached inside. I'm lucky!

20181003_122805.jpg

BTW, I found online a fabric match...It' perfect! May order it soon.

4d116792893a5a2eef3357bdc01a2b08ff9888cd601cbb54c23bd91682beae0a.jpg03694e6e5cb3bf4e32f01605280a575dc214412808b88560a121ea3e22d8a7f6.jpg

Last edited:
I've found this coat in a chinese website, to be honest it looks incredibly accurate excepting the lapels.
I'm not sure about buying it or keep saving to buy Magnoli's, the thing is that the accurate fabric and the buttons really catches my attention.
Any thoughts?

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/2587372521/TB2eBQFbKnAQeBjSZFGXXazoFXa_!!2587372521.jpg
https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i4/0/TB2p2DGkL6H8KJjSspmXXb2WXXa_!!0-rate.jpg

What site was this? Did you ever end up getting the coat from them?

Thank you! I loved your scarf btw. Is it a Paul Smith?
That chinese page you found the coat. Which was it?
It's not my scarf, I wish it were.
Supposedly it is the original scarf used on screen. The person who posted the pic was going to replicate them but there wasn't enough interested people.
By the way, I've seen the amazing pics of the buttons and fabric you've posted, could you tell us where did you got them from?

What site was this? Did you ever end up getting the coat from them?
It was a Taobao store, I don't know if it's allowed to link it.
And no, I didn't get it, I will make the coat on my own.

Care to share where you found the fabric?

Risu, I found it on Fabric House. It's not 100% wool but a blend (70-30 I believe). It's cheaper if you get more than 5 meters. If you end up getting some, please contact me.
I love your buttons btw!

It's not my scarf, I wish it were.
Supposedly it is the original scarf used on screen. The person who posted the pic was going to replicate them but there wasn't enough interested people.
By the way, I've seen the amazing pics of the buttons and fabric you've posted, could you tell us where did you got them from?

It was a Taobao store, I don't know if it's allowed to link it.
And no, I didn't get it, I will make the coat on my own.

Hey man, I got these buttons from a guy in my country (Argentina). They are impossible to find on eBay or someplace else, but I was lucky to find them in my own country (and my own city). It's a shame about that Season 1 scarf, It looks awesome. I was lucky to get one with the same shade of blue but a bit longer (1,85 I think).
I entered the site you mentioned and It's impossible to understand lol. I found the coat and I just can't believe it. It looks identical to the current best replica in the market, if you know what I mean. The problem is, I have no idea how to contact the seller to ask questions and stuff. I may have to get help from the chinese dude at my market lol.

Last edited:
Risu, I found it on Fabric House. It's not 100% wool but a blend (70-30 I believe). It's cheaper if you get more than 5 meters. If you end up getting some, please contact me.
I love your buttons btw!

Hey man, I got these buttons from a guy in my country (Argentina). They are impossible to find on eBay or someplace else, but I was lucky to find them in my own country (and my own city). It's a shame about that Season 1 scarf, It looks awesome. I was lucky to get one with the same shade of blue but a bit longer (1,85 I think).
I entered the site you mentioned and It's impossible to understand lol. I found the coat and I just can't believe it. It looks identical to the current best replica in the market, if you know what I mean. The problem is, I have no idea how to contact the seller to ask questions and stuff. I may have to get help from the chinese dude at my market lol.

Look up the site "Superbuy" and search for tutorials on Google or Youtube. Buying from Taobao seems really intimidating at first but it's not as bad as it looks.

Would you be able to send me the link in a PM? I tried doing an image search but couldn't find it.

Look up the site "Superbuy" and search for tutorials on Google or Youtube. Buying from Taobao seems really intimidating at first but it's not as bad as it looks.

Would you be able to send me the link in a PM? I tried doing an image search but couldn't find it.

Cameron, did you ever buy from Taobao? I was able to make contact with the seller and he told me that I need to find a "warehouse logistics", otherwise he can't send it to my country. I have no idea what he is talking about.

Last edited:
Cameron, did you ever buy from Taobao? I was able to make contact with the seller and he told me that I need to find a "warehouse logistics", otherwise he can't send it to my country. I have no idea what he is talking about.

I have. Basically what he's saying is they can't ship directly outside of China so you need to buy through an agent. Like I said, that's not as complicated as it sounds. There are a whole bunch of different agents you can go through, one of the most trusted and easiest to use is [Superbuy](https://www.superbuy.com/cn/). You enter the URL into the site and buy it through them, and then the seller ships it to a Superbuy warehouse. Once it arrives they take quality check pics for you to make sure it looks good (you can also pay a tiny bit more, like ¥2, for extra pics like measurements) and then you can have it shipped to you. The only downside is the shipping can be pretty expensive since they have to charge extra in order to make a profit. Unless the coat's a lot bigger/heavier than I'm expecting the shipping to the US would probably be about $50 or maybe a bit less, and probably pretty close for anywhere in Europe.

I'd ideally buy from a coat that has reviews with user pictures posted, but if that's not the case at least make sure the seller has some items with reviews so you can get an idea of how accurate their listings tend to be. If you send me the link I can tell you what I think. I'm not an expert by any means though, I'm sure there are tutorials that can explain better than I can.

I have. Basically what he's saying is they can't ship directly outside of China so you need to buy through an agent. Like I said, that's not as complicated as it sounds. There are a whole bunch of different agents you can go through, one of the most trusted and easiest to use is [Superbuy](https://www.superbuy.com/cn/). You enter the URL into the site and buy it through them, and then the seller ships it to a Superbuy warehouse. Once it arrives they take quality check pics for you to make sure it looks good (you can also pay a tiny bit more, like ¥2, for extra pics like measurements) and then you can have it shipped to you. The only downside is the shipping can be pretty expensive since they have to charge extra in order to make a profit. Unless the coat's a lot bigger/heavier than I'm expecting the shipping to the US would probably be about $50 or maybe a bit less, and probably pretty close for anywhere in Europe.

I'd ideally buy from a coat that has reviews with user pictures posted, but if that's not the case at least make sure the seller has some items with reviews so you can get an idea of how accurate their listings tend to be. If you send me the link I can tell you what I think. I'm not an expert by any means though, I'm sure there are tutorials that can explain better than I can.

I'll DM you links!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back