Shane Blacks The Predator

1.trailer comes out : hate it
2 film comes out : i like this but don't like that.
3 blue ray comes out : i like the predator but don't like the film
4 Netflix : got to watch it because reasons
5 here is my screen accurate costume
6 i promise I'll hate the next film

I think it boils down to them trying to turn stuff into cash-cow events. They take something that was popular, and then ask "how can we make it more popular raking in a larger crowd?"
The answer they come up with most of the time is "make the main attraction bigger".
Only way to get bigger according to Hollywood is DNA splicing/Hybridization.
How do you easily tell the half brain dead public that something is bigger and badder? Make it "destroy" the Original.
It's just lazy script writing. Pretty much everything in this story comes down to laziness imo. When Fred Decker and Shane Black work on a movie together they love this "The Outcasts save the World" thing. Same thing here again in the cast choices.
The motives of (at least the faction JH and CH belonged to)Predators are now revenge... not much honor in that.

So they aren't interested in credible stories, but instead what they believe might rake in cash (and as stupid as they are they don't realize it goes hand in hand).

The film "Predators" was very similar where we saw the "Super Predators" capture, torture, and eventually behead an original type predator. The problem with approaching a movie this way is that you're telling the audience how to react instead of letting them react. The flow of it then seems to be more mechanical instead of organic. More and more films seem to follow the Michael Bay notion of explosives and actions will overcome a poorly written story.

So, people should just like it because...."predator"...and if they don't, they're not "true fans"?

Love the xenomorph (coincidentally before I liked or was even exposed to Predator) But I haven't seen Alien:Covenant to this day because I hate what they did with the Aliens Origins.

I don't plan on going to see "The Predator" in theaters. I also don't watch the AvP movies anymore or read any Predator Comics. They all feature the Predator, but in sub-par settings and stories.
So while some (maybe many) may indeed "change their minds" I wouldn't say it's a generally accurate flowchart.

Love the xenomorph (coincidentally before I liked or was even exposed to Predator) But I haven't seen Alien:Covenant to this day because I hate what they did with the Aliens Origins.

I don't plan on going to see "The Predator" in theaters. I also don't watch the AvP movies anymore or read any Predator Comics. They all feature the Predator, but in sub-par settings and stories.
So while some (maybe many) may indeed "change their minds" I wouldn't say it's a generally accurate flowchart.
True , it's not accurate for everyone but I'll still watch anyone of the film's if it appears on the TV even the ones i dislike if there's nothing better on and I'd still have any of the costumes if it could. I'm also going to watch the new film with the hope that it's good because i want it to be good but after IV watched it if it turns out to be bad then so be it. But won't know until IV watched it

Didn't need to see Covenant to know it wouldn't be a quality Alien film, but regardless I do truly hope you don't end up disappointed after the showing. And hoping that maybe a interesting weapon or bio might show up on a trophy wall.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back