Shane Blacks The Predator

So far only the hybrid's dreads are known (and they suck).

Instagram post by Mike Fields • Mar 22, 2017 at 2:19am UTC

To each his own, but those dreads are similar to what I've created, albeit superior in terms of texture (the hybrids one is superior), so, I guess my dreads sucks balls too... XD

I reckon they're awesome.

P.S. Oh yeah, SWS predator will always be number one for me, but I personally think those 'hybrid' dreads (if they really are) are more 'organic' than the original ones. They've got texture and they look more natural and not tube like. Those dreads actually remind me of this: The Topknot Build. New photos of torso life cast build. 05/07/2015

Which I think are the bees knees. Or do they suck too?

Last edited:
Isubomo firstly, in terms of dread texture for dreads to even become the way they are on the jungle hunter they need to go through a process I believe the patterned dreads are symbolic of the transition stages form braids to the final product which is the pipe like dreads. So it makes sense, I for one like them more so than the normal dreads, in addition to that Alphatech made some really cool dreads AVP Pred Alien style.

As sure as the air we breathe, I will not be seeing this movie in theaters, online, free or otherwise. To this day I have never watched Predators and never will and I'm not missing out on anything, just in the same way I'm not missing out on anything by not watching child birth videos.

Once this turd is flushed out of theaters I'll go on YouTube, watch the fight scenes and pat myself on the back for not wasting my money to go see this sideshow and then go about my day. There is basically no story in any of these post-P2 movies. Dialogue and non-combat scenes only served to loosely tie the fight scenes together, that's all these movies are. P1 and P2 meanwhile were done with focus and proper understanding of the franchise, the characters and they did it right. P1 had the benefit of being the first movie and building mystique about what this alien creature was and P2 did more in the last five minutes of the movie than the subsequent movies did combined. We can agree to disagree on story lines, but in the first two movies the Predator is the Predator, he's not teaming up with humans, we still knew very little about the beast which made him more intriguing and the creature effects were unmatched, unfortunately that is no longer the case on any of those points.

Oh and we didn't have any drag queen clown Predators, I.E. berzerker and the other two clowns. As if the Predator itself wasn't cool and distinct enough, they have to piss all over the iconic first design and the franchise. Truthfully, I hope the movie bombs, but they've been dumbing these movies down more and more; they're trying to do what Marvel and DC are doing with their franchises, the writing is on the wall for every one to see. The movies at this point are just vehicles to sell toys and merchandise, has nothing to do with story or guarding the mystique that made the Predator appealing to us in the first place. Any one know when the Saturday morning Predators and Friends cartoon comes out?

"As sure as the air we breathe, I will not be seeing this movie in theaters, online, free or otherwise." - BENSIN
"Once this turd is flushed out of theaters I'll go on YouTube, watch the fight scenes and pat myself" - BENSIN
"To this day I have never watched Predators" - BENSIN
"There is basically no story in any of these post-P2 movies." - BENSIN

LOL

Isubomo I think one of the driving forces behind the next film will be the design, it most likely inspire the new generation predator fan to create a replica of it or to join the community or fandom. In all honesty, each to their own... Some peoples reasons for hating on movies is beyond understanding. But regardless of this, I wonder when the trailer is coming out.

As sure as the air we breathe, I will not be seeing this movie in theaters, online, free or otherwise. To this day I have never watched Predators and never will and I'm not missing out on anything, just in the same way I'm not missing out on anything by not watching child birth videos.

Once this turd is flushed out of theaters I'll go on YouTube, watch the fight scenes and pat myself on the back for not wasting my money to go see this sideshow and then go about my day. There is basically no story in any of these post-P2 movies. Dialogue and non-combat scenes only served to loosely tie the fight scenes together, that's all these movies are. P1 and P2 meanwhile were done with focus and proper understanding of the franchise, the characters and they did it right. P1 had the benefit of being the first movie and building mystique about what this alien creature was and P2 did more in the last five minutes of the movie than the subsequent movies did combined. We can agree to disagree on story lines, but in the first two movies the Predator is the Predator, he's not teaming up with humans, we still knew very little about the beast which made him more intriguing and the creature effects were unmatched, unfortunately that is no longer the case on any of those points.

Oh and we didn't have any drag queen clown Predators, I.E. berzerker and the other two clowns. As if the Predator itself wasn't cool and distinct enough, they have to piss all over the iconic first design and the franchise. Truthfully, I hope the movie bombs, but they've been dumbing these movies down more and more; they're trying to do what Marvel and DC are doing with their franchises, the writing is on the wall for every one to see. The movies at this point are just vehicles to sell toys and merchandise, has nothing to do with story or guarding the mystique that made the Predator appealing to us in the first place. Any one know when the Saturday morning Predators and Friends cartoon comes out?

"As sure as the air we breathe, I will not be seeing this movie in theaters, online, free or otherwise." - BENSIN
"Once this turd is flushed out of theaters I'll go on YouTube, watch the fight scenes and pat myself" - BENSIN (<---did you misquote this on accident, or were you just being cheeky?)
"To this day I have never watched Predators" - BENSIN
"There is basically no story in any of these post-P2 movies." - BENSIN

LOL

Isubomo I think one of the driving forces behind the next film will be the design, it most likely inspire the new generation predator fan to create a replica of it or to join the community or fandom. In all honesty, each to their own... Some peoples reasons for hating on movies is beyond understanding. But regardless of this, I wonder when the trailer is coming out.

I won't be seeing the movie in theaters, online, free or otherwise.

Watching a few scenes is not the same as watching the movie.

I have never watched Predators in full, ever, but I can read the plot and I can read the script.

There is basically no story in any of the post-P2 movies. Very loose plots to tie the fight scenes together is more accurate.

I summed up why these movies are terrible, but I guess the rebuttal of LOL is the best I can get on here, so let me destroy your rebuttal by saying:

"I'm sure those who have no faith in this movie will be in line buying tickets to the movie theaters just like the rest of us."

"I think one of the driving forces behind the next film will be the design"

No matter how great the design is, being that it's ADI executing it, hopes should be low.

ROFLLMFAOLOL.

Yep, I'm sure the first thought that every one comes to when they think of the Predator franchise is Predators riding around in an armored vehicle in what appears to be a suburban neighborhood. o_O The more I see, the more it seems that what I've read on the script here is not so far off.

The-Predator-Set-2.jpg

Anyone see this video on youtube yet?

Seems they have what looks like the original concept of the predator in the movie? You can see his severed arms over a body with a burnt face in the video. But why would pred blood burn his face away? Possible Alien hybrid?

Im not sure... Im not gonna bury this movie because of 5 photos. Spoilers are interesting thing, but i will give Shane Black a chance.
Also i hope it will be much better than alien 17... Now i have to say goodbye , because Wreav will kill me afrer this kind of words about new alien :D:D:D

I'm here admiring the prop store items. propstore.com/products/?keyword=predator
Can't wait to see the production used items from this film to go up on auction or on the prop store site... now just need to wait 2-4 years lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back