Seen This??? Original Screen Used Stunt Lightsaber 1977 Obi-Wan

"Original Screen Used Obi Stunt".....

Well, it looks like I may be the first one to post about this here cause I did a search and didn't find any recent threads. It's a bit gratifying because I've never been the first to post new prop info--there always seemed to be people watching for these like a hawk.

Anyway, I just found this on eBay:

Original Screen Used Stunt Lightsaber 1977 Obi-Wan - eBay (item 320608214269 end time Nov-03-10 13:26:28 PDT)

I find it suspicious because, 1, the consensus here (and if anybody would know, it's the folks here) is that there was only one hero and one stunt, with the hero disassembled to oblivion and the stunt later used in ROTJ and, therefore, not this one, and 2, the emitter isn't a genuine Derwent whachamacallit and any substitution would be a deliberate replica of the original. For that matter, from the introductory picture, I would guess it's a Parks. I doubt the grip is even a real grenade.

It's not hard to imagine that someone with the resources and connections would take the opportunity to acquire the proper paperwork to make it 'legit' for a higher resale. But, nevertheless, this is just my suspicion and I have nothing concrete to back up on, nor do I have the intention to imply anything indecent on part of the seller. With the number of fans and experts on this board, I'm sure one or more of you guys can quickly settle the question.

Is this a real piece of Star Wars history along with the original Luke ANH that auctioned $20+k??

Re: "Original Screen Used Obi Stunt".....

Don't forget the screenused portion of the RPF. I visit it frequently but its always a tad anemic. We need to give it a shot in the arm!

Yeah, it screams FAKE so much with that auction, and there is a ton of hard evidence that says it's fake.

There were also two stunt versions of the saber btw- the V2, which is this:

images

And the V3, which is this

skyken2.jpg

I don't know much about sabres, but that one on ebay looks NEW and freshly painted.

I reported it and I hope more people already have.
As Dan said it's an old SD Studios replica.

Ebay probably won't care, they only care about getting their cut.

I reported it, and messaged the seller basically calling him out on the carpet. I asked flat out was he A: a scammer, B: someone who got ripped off and's just trying to turn it around, or C: someone who legitimately thinks they have something (making him an inadvertant B i guess). Just got his responce, and this is what he said.

"The answer to that question is B I'm afraid, it was sold to me as an actual prop so I'm guessing I got ripped off then! I personally hate scammers and would never deliberately rip people off. As for being told about it the first time it was listed, I only had a couple of people who sounded like they were taking the ****, no body provided me with any info about it. By the sounds of it you know what your talking about so could you please tell me what I have actually got here and what it's worth realistically so I can at least edit the auction,I assume the COA I was given with it is trash then, like I said I don't want to rip folks just need to sell off my beloved collection."

second message from him. ANy help on how much that saber he has is worth?

"That's ok you didn't come off like an ass my
friend but some others did. I paid £1000 about 12
years ago whilst working in the middle east but
since coming home I've been laid off work and now
need some finances hence the collection must go.
Any chance of finding out a realistic price to put
it up for and I'll change the listing."

Last edited:
Sometimes i think we tend to jump to conclusions. So it pays to take a chance and say hi to em. granted....90% of the time they are scammers, and just cuss at ya...but still.

The guy has a 100% positive trader rating, so it's possible he truly was just ripped off in the first place and thought he had the real thing to sell for profit. Unfortunately, for Ebay ratings, they are just that and not 100% indicative of the seller being on the up and up.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back