Seen This??? Original Screen Used Stunt Lightsaber 1977 Obi-Wan

From what the guy told me, it's all metal except for the bubbles on the activator. Once i talked to him, he did more research on it, and thinks it's an early SD Studio's saber.

Well, the description has changed

"After a great deal of trouble identifying the origins of this prop I have discovered it's not a screen used item but infact a very early SD Studios replica.

SD Studios was run by Steve Dymzak, I do not know what happened but they went out of business making replica props, but I believe went on to become Master Replicas. Originally thought of as quite expensive items they soon went up in value and most now command around 6 times their original purchase price. Mostly very well made these are high on collector’s wants lists.

I'll like to thank the people who helped me find out about this quite rare prop without who I could have been labelled a scammer due to false advertising."

Elstree would have some explaining to do to this fellow at this point.

On another note...

Why is some guy named Nick Harrison sticking fake COAs on MY stuff now? How did *MY* products get dragged into this crap?

Why does Elstree always seem to be involved in these scams? I regularly see these scam-items being sold and it ALWAYS seems to lead back to ELSTREE. Makes you wonder how many items have been sold, that we DON'T know about???

WHO are these clowns?

Hasn't anyone reported them to Lucasfilm by now?

This is flat-out, illegal FRAUD.

You are right Steve. I too have frequently come across the names Harrison & Elstree in fishy circumstances.

I don't know all the details, but from what I recall, they are (were ?) a father & son (?), and there was some hoo-haa about an 'original' Indiana Jones temple tablet or something not too long ago.

Also I think I may have come across something similar where JB Golden Guns were concerned.

If memory serves me off-hand. I may be wrong.

Edit to above : I correct myself. It wasn't about Golden Guns, but Golden Idols I believe. Some screen-used Idol that was on eBay around a year ago I think (?). There was a whole analysis of the idols, the COA from Elstree, etc etc etc. Something along those lines.

The news I remember about the Golden Gun, was that the original prop was stolen from Elstree.

On another note...

Why is some guy named Nick Harrison sticking fake COAs on MY stuff now? How did *MY* products get dragged into this crap?

Why does Elstree always seem to be involved in these scams? I regularly see these scam-items being sold and it ALWAYS seems to lead back to ELSTREE. Makes you wonder how many items have been sold, that we DON'T know about???

WHO are these clowns?

Hasn't anyone reported them to Lucasfilm by now?

This is flat-out, illegal FRAUD.

Why don't you give them a call and ask them? I'd be interested in hearing what they have to say to you and what their explanation is for putting a COA on your stuff.

Hey guys i just found out that my owk ep3 saber was also screen used. Anyone want to buy it for like a $1000? Its a real bargain and the letter of authentication is also included.
lmao

It is self-evident that the only person who can confront Elstree about this, is the person who bought the prop, ie the current eBay seller.

If it were me, and I were in his situation, I'd be camped outside Elstree's door with the cops.

Big question is : will he ?

It is self-evident that the only person who can confront Elstree about this, is the person who bought the prop, ie the current eBay seller.

If it were me, and I were in his situation, I'd be camped outside Elstree's door with the cops.

Big question is : will he ?

I'm not sure the cops can do anything about that...sounds like a lawsuit if anything. However, I would most definitely be in contact with Elstree if I were the buyer who got it from them in the first place.

I'm not sure the cops can do anything about that...

If the facts are taken at face value as we have seen them so far, this looks like a case of criminal fraud. If I am not mistaken, in the UK, first it has to be reported to the police for investigation before anything can be done.

The Harrisons no longer own Elstree Props and one of the provisos for purchase by the new owner was to have no liability over previously issued Elstree Danziger Collection COAs.So,basically,there's no comeback for whichever sucker has it.Caveat Emptor.

P.S.
Nick Harrison is not the one signing the COAs.
Quick Elstree timeline:
Nick Harrison starts weird and wonderful-the precursor to Elstree Props.Nick is a decent,trustworthy although slightly scatty guy with a great reputation in original props.
Elstree Props founded
1999 Nick Harrison sadly dies
Elstree Props is then taken over and run by Paul Harrison,Nick's brother,who has no foundation at all in props.
Somehow a plethora of COAs purporting to have Nick's signature,signed conveniently on blanks BEFORE he died,start being issued.These are headlined as and known as Danziger collection COAs.
I have reports that Paul Harrison has been witnessed forging his deceased brother's signature on COAs.
Pieces are sold that are invariably fake and Elstree Props are taken to court by LFL over a R2-D2 dome from TPM that they attempted to sell in Profiles in History.
2008 Elstree Props is sold following a bunch of scandals including the attempted sale of the infamous reveal saber.
Elstree Props now in hands of Steve Wickenden.
Nick Harrison has nothing to do with these COAs.Paul and Norman Harrison are the sole issuers of the Danziger Collection/Elstree Props COAs.

Wow, there was a proviso in the sale ? Must have been pretty wide-spread fraud then.

Actually, there could be a comeback. Direct liabilty lies with the person who actually signed the COA, current owner of Elstree or otherwise.

Really sad though, as reality is that in practice, little or nothing can be done.

Edit - just saw previous post. - That is really bad, worse than I thought.

Those being the facts, I would look at the silver lining & say I'm glad to have an SD Studios Saber. There is NO way in hell the current owner can do anything to recup his loss.

Last edited:
Wow, I just ready everyones posts on this subject and as someone said before...just wow! We actually were watching this since the first day it went up and were interested in purchasing it, however we were concerned over the Elstree COA and the 'story' of its history. We had just had a big discussion whether to acquire it for the exhibit or not, when all of a sudden the description changed. Wow. That would have really sucked, we were doing some research on the prop when we came across this discussion. Thanks to everyone in here indeed. On a really bright note however we ended up purchasing a screen-used 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers" fx pod today! Thanks again to everyone in here that did research on the Obi-Wan saber.

Stick around and you'll learn even more! :thumbsup

Wow, I just ready everyones posts on this subject and as someone said before...just wow! We actually were watching this since the first day it went up and were interested in purchasing it, however we were concerned over the Elstree COA and the 'story' of its history. We had just had a big discussion whether to acquire it for the exhibit or not, when all of a sudden the description changed. Wow. That would have really sucked, we were doing some research on the prop when we came across this discussion. Thanks to everyone in here indeed. On a really bright note however we ended up purchasing a screen-used 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers" fx pod today! Thanks again to everyone in here that did research on the Obi-Wan saber.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back