SEBULBA POD RACER, 1/6 BUILD

I knew there was something missing...the little fella himself;
POD RACER SEB15.jpg

POD RACER SEB13.jpg

Cheers guys
So, I've finished Sebulba's speeder apart from a bit more weathering. I don't see why they made an actual prop, when the whole pod race is CG?..or maybe it isn't? Anyway I'm glad they did, for my reference alone.
A4jh5xCl.jpg
gFIHEswl.jpg

H0bj6ypl.jpg
8WlXbGRl.jpg

Should have the engines done next week

Besides some shots that used real models, I think mostly them just sitting at the start line. Back then it was super helpful for a real model to be made so the cgi guys could make sure all shapes, textures and lighting were best they could get it.
I think now a days they have perfected it pretty well and probably don't need a physical model.
I never learned how to create any type of cgi, so I'll always love a real physical model.

There were a lot of pod racer models built for the movie. The line-up of racers in the arena for the start of the race was all models. The shots of the pod racer pit area interior were entirely done with a model set (with actor and creatures added with CGI). It looked amazing in person. We could view it from removable panels in the floor, and it felt like you were in a real place.
Also Sebulba's crash was done with a model (the cockpit sliding through the sand) - and it was close to the same size as your model!

Ha thanks...I think it's called an Argo; an aquatic truck thing that one of the guys bought...not sure it will ever work

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back