SEBULBA POD RACER, 1/6 BUILD

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So this is gonna be a project for the new year but I thought I'd share my progress thus far.

Although the prequels get a lot of derision, there are still some absolutely awesome props in them...one of which is nasty old Sebulba's Pod racer...much more interesting than Anakin's and just very cool and retro. The back end looks to me like a catfish and the nose, like a vintage F1 car

Most of the bodyshell/engines will be 3d printed/fibre glass but also lots of real engine parts and pipework

Scale is 1/6 again, so not huge but those ridiculously oversized engines should be fun

A lot more work and detail to do but here's where I am;

POD RACER SEB.jpg
POD RACER SEB1.jpg
POD RACER.jpg

Outstanding! I hope you make the files available on your Etsy shop... Your work is amazing and I've bought a few files from you so far... This is my favorite podracer, as well... I do like Quadrinaro's as well...

You know, at the rate you are going, within a few years, you will have completed every single model there is to make from all these movies.
Can't wait to see how it turns out.
I also think the podrace sequence has some of the best sounds in all the movies.
Worked at a theater back in 1999. I sometimes would go behind the curtain and stand next to the two 15 inch subwoofers during that race. (At least for a min.) Fun times.

Great plans! Love the pod race and the different vehicles they designed for that scene! I love your statement saying that 1/6 is not going to be huge(y)(y)

Very Nice, Is this going to be printed. Yep the old boys at ILM used all kinds of model bits. Very nice rendering this far can't wait to see the model being built keep it going. Super workmanship.

Cheers guys...so, the modelling is done which means no more playing with renders but here are a few of the complete model;
POD RACER SEB11.jpg
POD RACER SEB12.jpg
POD RACER SEB9.jpg
POD RACER SEB7.jpg
POD RACER SEB8.jpg

I finished printing the speeder parts and my thought was, hmmm, not really that big, but now I'm printing the jet engines it feels plenty big enough

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back