sculpting a bio

torredator

any advice on sculpting a bio from scratch???
i have some ideas for a few different bio helmets and i don't know where to start as far as sculpting...
what kind of clay to use ? what tools? resins and so forth...

thank you all in advance

yours truly
Lou

Theres nothing like making something with your hands. Once you slaved hard enough to realise how hard it is to make something and you still want to make it, then you know you have what it takes to be a craftsman or artist. I almost gave up. But in the end i feel better once knowing I can make something that bounce off from the paper.

Good luck and Have fun. Mistakes will happen its part of Learning. So research and ask questions. Biohunter76 (Casey) is the master of all Bio makers.

Hey what's up? Dont want to order any more?

well since i wont be able to afford anything for some time as many circumstanses have changed i am very sorry to say that i wont be ordering anything from you or anyone for quite some time......
Tonkers i told you in a personal message one reason for not ordering your child size undermask and bio combo, (because we are moving into a new house) but just resently we (my wife and me) have gained another obstacle which make it harder to throw some money around....

so i figured it would be trice cheaper to try sculpting and casting my self and save a bundle of money!!!!
This is what this website is all about learning to do things for yourself right??????

MODERATORS if in this responce i am out of line in any way shape or form please just delete the message and let me know i was....

without wax

Lou

Actually Making something the professional way with the silicone/clay/ resin the cost will go up. So you may have to take account into that.

Theres nothing like making something with your hands. Once you slaved hard enough to realise how hard it is to make something and you still want to make it, then you know you have what it takes to be a craftsman or artist. I almost gave up. But in the end i feel better once knowing I can make something that bounce off from the paper.

Good luck and Have fun. Mistakes will happen its part of Learning. So research and ask questions. Biohunter76 (Casey) is the master of all Bio makers.

many thanks!!!!
Uratz i will be trying your method first then i will drop Biohunter a line if i need any more adsvice (which i know i will)

Yeah I just have a method that worked so far. SO it all depends on the silicone. If you have a thicker kind you can slop it on. My method involves matrix molding and pourable silicone.
I don't know everything. But for Casey who has done over 10 Bio's already I think he knows a lot more. So I'm just his dark apprentice.

Thanks for the comment Mike but I'm no master, I'm still learning too. It would be cheaper to buy a bio than it would be to sculpt, mold and cast your own IMO.

Thanks for the comment Mike but I'm no master, I'm still learning too. It would be cheaper to buy a bio than it would be to sculpt, mold and cast your own IMO.

you and Mike are right but doing yourself a bio from scratch can be more ,more expensive then buying one , and who knows ,maybe torredator comes with a nice concept or even a nice P1 or whatever bio and someone here on the lair like it and wants to buy, in this way everybody are happy and torredator can earn some money since he has some money issue!
I made my custom bio and I can tell I jumped four times over the price I would give if I would bought a bio already made!
so ,let wish luck to torredator and give the man the help he will need!

Yeah Good Luck man. Either way its good to learn new skills in these tough times. You may find yourself a hidden artist in you and maybe you end up making a living out of it. So it all starts with a lump of clay! I'm glad I learn the skills.

well my brother , you know i help u with watever i can, so let start this and see what u can do. we can figure out how to cut on costs....my thing is.... makng a bio wont be as hard(i think) as making the cast of it once u finish the skulpting... i would apreciate any info on that and pics of casts for bios to get ideas.. i saw a tutorial on casting a little statue but since it was a small piece looks easier. bios might be difficult....thanks everyone for the info, im sure my bro is very happy with the help and advise from all the members...

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=11529
this is how I do it! yes , sculpting is not quite a hard to do thing but when it comes about cast the things are a litlle bit difficult!
in my images you can observe the wall build around the sculpt ,the shape of the mold being conical, I"ve should made the fiberglass shell in two pieces but I don't! now I fix that mistake( I'll post pic tomorow)!when you have a conical shape of the mold and the piece hardened in it is almost imposible to pull off !I knew that but in the rush ...!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back