Scratch Built Steel Millennium Falcon

Totally crazy even attempting something like this in metal. Hard enough with plastic.
I figure if its a model, no matter the material used, it fits. We've had some guys do paper models that were as good as the real deals.
All depends on a persons talent.
Thank you sir. My shop is setup for metal so I'm just using what I know.

Sculpting in metal is no different than “sculpting” in plastic. Please share away, I think people will love seeing you work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you , will do. I will get slave 1 up this evening.

Within the General Modeling Forum, absolutely YES...!

The Studio Scale Forum seems to demand more accuracy. But General Modeling embraces all mediums...

Understood. My slave 1 is studio scale size and I try and get as accurate as possible within reason but I am never 100% correct on anything i make so i should stay in the general modeling.

im new here but this forum is awesome. cool build man
Thank you

Nice build...I personally preferred it before you painted it.
I understand but the customer requested a paint job

The. Coolest. Thing. I've. Ever. Seen. On. RPF.

We're not worthy.

Where did you get (or how did you make) that round base piece? It's fantastic! I was thinking of something similar for my PG Falcon.

Well...SNAP:eek That's a first metal MF on the RPF :cool Great work for sure...I would've left it metal, but that's just me.

The. Coolest. Thing. I've. Ever. Seen. On. RPF.

We're not worthy.

Where did you get (or how did you make) that round base piece? It's fantastic! I was thinking of something similar for my PG Falcon.
Thank you sir. The base is a piece off of a large diesel engine. I believe it's part of the exhaust system. From a scrap bin.

That's a work of beauty!
Much appreciated sir

Well...SNAP:eek That's a first metal MF on the RPF :cool Great work for sure...I would've left it metal, but that's just me.

Thank you. Believe it or not, making the bare metal look presentable is tougher than a good paint job. The paint hides a lot of crimes.

Yes please. Are they roughly in scale with this Falcon build?

Just out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of the Millennium Falcon sculpture?

Yes please. Are they roughly in scale with this Falcon build?

Just out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of the Millennium Falcon sculpture?

The slave one sculptures are very close to studio scale. I have worked very hard to achieve those dimensions. Millennium falcon is 24in long and right over 18in wide.

Last edited:
This is so awesome! Thank you for sharing!
I would have preferred to leave it unpainted to show the hard work - but commission is commission.
Pease, show us more in the future!

OP...Original Poster.
Understood. Thank you

This is so awesome! Thank you for sharing!
I would have preferred to leave it unpainted to show the hard work - but commission is commission.
Pease, show us more in the future!

Thank you I am posting Slave one today
Absolutely beautiful, I would have definitely left it metal finish if it was mine.

I understood. Also paint hides a lot of crimes.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back