Scratch building a HALO M6 pistol?

adamata

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think I want to try to do this in the spring. Not sure what HALO version, though.

Any schematics out there? Any parts based on real weapons?

And just to lay this out there. I haven't tried this before, but I really want to try it.

So, where should I start? :)

I keep seeing this really poor solid resin one pop up on ebay. (It looks to be a recast, as the same person is selling alot of other reconizeable props in cardboard boxes with bad inkjet labels.)

I keep seeing this really poor solid resin one pop up on ebay. (It looks to be a recast, as the same person is selling alot of other reconizeable props in cardboard boxes with bad inkjet labels.)

I know the one that you are referring to - it's not the WilcoModels version (I think that that one is an original sculpt). It's another one that crops up from time to time but I can't remember trhe Seller's ID. I believe that it's a recast of one of Link4044's pistols...

Last edited:

I know the one that you are referring to - it's not the WilcoModels version (I think that that one is an original sculpt). It's another one that crops up from time to time but I can't remember trhe Seller's ID. I believe that it's a recast of one of Link4044's pistols...

Could it be "coolmodels" aka "arsenalmodels"?
He's the biggest recaster I know.

Coolmodels also uses a potential shill bidder to bid up their auctions. I recently was trying to bid on one of their two Halo pistols they had for sell. Last day a zero feedback bidder bid both pistols to over 100$ dollars when they were around 35-40$. The zero feedback bidder had about 40% bids on coolmodel products and to this day has never paid for the item and still has zero feedback. No record on coolmodels account either of him leaving feedback. Beware when bidding.

I am completely naive to the whole resin casting so I thought maybe they were rare and this is what they typically sell for. I then decided to do some research to see if I got a good model. I now see I got a model that was done through unscrupulous means, aka recasting. I also see he as stolen other casts from other people.

Just wanted to warn everybody.

Coolmodels also uses a potential shill bidder to bid up their auctions. I recently was trying to bid on one of their two Halo pistols they had for sell. Last day a zero feedback bidder bid both pistols to over 100$ dollars when they were around 35-40$. The zero feedback bidder had about 40% bids on coolmodel products and to this day has never paid for the item and still has zero feedback. No record on coolmodels account either of him leaving feedback. Beware when bidding.

I am completely naive to the whole resin casting so I thought maybe they were rare and this is what they typically sell for. I then decided to do some research to see if I got a good model. I now see I got a model that was done through unscrupulous means, aka recasting. I also see he as stolen other casts from other people.

Just wanted to warn everybody.
And this is why some of us have chosen to fight fire with fire and place automated snipe bids in the final few seconds of the auction as our one & only bid. That makes it virtually impossible for shill bidders to drive up the price in the final few minutes of the auction. :):thumbsup

And this is why some of us have chosen to fight fire with fire and place automated snipe bids in the final few seconds of the auction as our one & only bid. That makes it virtually impossible for shill bidders to drive up the price in the final few minutes of the auction. :):thumbsup
You can do that? lol, I wondered why I'd place the only bid all week until someone stepped in at the last second to snatch it from under me. :p

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back