Scratch Build SD

I will take some photos I have been detailing the underside of the super structure, plus while it is upside down I suppose to add the fiber optics for the point lighting.
Darn other projects and that annoying thing called LIFE getting in the way.
Can't wait to see it.

Here is some filling on the underneath over hangs on the super structure.

IMG_8448.jpgIMG_8449.jpgIMG_8450.jpgIMG_8451.jpg

The Star Destroyer has begun to brake down:(:( The core flute has started to brake down making it crumble.
I have relocated it into my shed while I pull it apart to save as much of it as possible.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

It was not left in direct sun light and it was always covered in tarps but the material it was made for was not made to last for ever but a proof of concept how big could we build it using Korbath's SD bridge.

Once it is stripped it will be off to the rubbish tip / dump.

The Star Destroyer has begun to brake down:(:( The core flute has started to brake down making it crumble.
I have relocated it into my shed while I pull it apart to save as much of it as possible.
View attachment 1780380View attachment 1780381View attachment 1780382View attachment 1780383

It was not left in direct sun light and it was always covered in tarps but the material it was made for was not made to last for ever but a proof of concept how big could we build it using Korbath's SD bridge.

Once it is stripped it will be off to the rubbish tip / dump.
Nah mate! I can see it on the sand dunes, crumbling with sand and pieces/parts around it. Biggest diorama ever(y)(y););)

Wow. Muzza, what was the core substrate made of, corrugated plastic sheet?
NM, I back read to remind myself. Bummer!
Any idea of the cause? UV exposure, oxidation?

R/ Robert

Wow. Muzza, what was the core substrate made of, corrugated plastic sheet?
NM, I back read to remind myself. Bummer!
Any idea of the cause? UV exposure, oxidation?

R/ Robert
Just time.
Remembering I only built this as a proof of concept how big it would have been using Korbath's bridge.
It only cost $200 in material to build the body of the ship out of Core Flute.
It was covered and wrapped up in tarps, so I am not sure why it happened.

Moisture may have been an issue (plastic is hydroscopic... to varying degrees...) Also, if exposed to temperature swings, may have caused thermal effecs, given that it was 'constrained' by the structure.
At least you can reuse all the greeblies (and copy the 'blocks' as templates to use if you go at it again...)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back