Scott Pilgrim Shirts and Costume Thread

I'd be interested if you were going to do a CBC shirt. I've not been able to locate a ringer shirt in a dark enough grey to try my own.

The closest available I could find online was the Gildan Ultra Cotton 2100 Heathered Black / Black that some printers use. Oddly enough, I have an old, plain Gap ringer that is perfect, but I don't think it still in production. That or its now in the Old Navy line, like Setzer mentioned. I would love a CBC shirt myself if someone were to do a run.

FURTHER EDIT!: That's where I ordered mine from. It doesn't have Mass Teen Fainting on the back (thinking of adding it myself). Actually, I'm not sure if they're just sold out or what, but they actually sent me one of the tvstoreonline.com shirts. The only thing I hate about it is the collar fits like it's been stretched out by someone with a really big head.

The same thing happened to me, as well (tvstore Plumtree shirt). Hopefully a warm wash can shrink up the shirt and tighten up the rings.

I just bought a parka from the vintage eBay store linked above- I'll post a pic of a Plumtree / parka combo when it arrives for an idea of how they look. Hopefully it will be better than the bulky ThatIndieLook parka I had to return.

I actually found mine at Old Navy after going back a few times trying to see if they had a good one for the Fantastic 4 1/2 (they didn't). They have a lot of close enoughs, but no exact matches except for the CBC shirt. I managed to snag mine during back to school, so it was only $6, but they're regularily $8 so even that's not bad.

The closest available I could find online was the Gildan Ultra Cotton 2100 Heathered Black / Black that some printers use. Oddly enough, I have an old, plain Gap ringer that is perfect, but I don't think it still in production. That or its now in the Old Navy line, like Setzer mentioned. I would love a CBC shirt myself if someone were to do a run.

Thanks for the help trying to find a match for the CBC shirt guys.

Setzer, don't suppose you can post a link to the Old Navy one that's a match? I can't find anything close when I check their website.

Eponandilas, I've checked out the one you mentioned but I'm looking for one a bit darker. The ones I've found online are grey like this:

gildan-ultra-blend-2100g-women-t-shirts.jpg

17231_fm.jpg

But I'm looking for a grey that's a little darker with the rings being pretty much black, like this:

scottpilgrimcbclogo.jpg

Also Setzer, thanks for saying you'd be interested in a Sharpie shirt but that was just a one off I got a friend of mine who owns a clothes shop with a t-shirt printing service to run up for me. I just did it cos it was an easy black and white design and isn't professionally screened or anything like the ones Risu and Laamberry are able to produce. So wouldn't be very cost effictive for me to make more and I'm gonna hang on to that one. :)

They don't have it on their website otherwise I would, which is why it was a complete surprise when I found it. Dunno if all of them carry it, or if they still do because I've heard they rotate their inventory.

Hello guys and girls. I found this forum yesturday when I got the sudden urge to find some shirts from the movie.

I have a few ideas for some shirts and I was wondering if anyone has seen them in any stores or would be willing to make a few of them possibly. I was thinking a sex bob-omb shirt like knives wears in the movie.

A Ramona hair scrible shirt (I know there are some out there on the net but I havnt found any that are black shirt with purple/blue hair (like the picture earlier in the thread from an interview)).

Also, I was thinking a puck-man shirt. Maybe have a pacman in the middle with puck on the left and man on the right. Then of course have the p in puck crossed out and a f added above it (like something you would see vandalized normally).

The Air Quotes shirt is actually a fitted one, so I wouldn't go with it unless you are a chick. And until I see where the Birdie shirt got cut from the movie, I'm probably going to hold off on that one because the colors seem a tad too light, and it's pretty expensive at $26.

The Air Quotes regular (guys) shirt got added since the link was first posted. Its still $26 though.

Try your local Hot Topic, phatboy. Lex posted this a couple pages back.

howdy. i work at hot topic and imagine my surprise when i had to put these out on the floor:
Photoon2010-09-23at2206.jpg

they're not up on the website as far as i can see but i definitely have some in my store at the moment. cost as much as any other band tee we have.

How exactly are you guys getting custom shirts made?
Also, I can't find Risu's thread for the SP shirts. Are you making another batch Risu?

Edit: Also, where can I get that Hat? What kinds of hats are those. The one's he wears when they mention that his hair is shaggy.

Last edited:
The buy threads that some people have put up are in the Junkyard, which you gain access to once you've been around for a while and made a few posts.

Junkyard access takes a minimum of 45 days and 20 posts. I'm definitely interested in the second run of SP Heart shirts, but since I can't post there I'll leave a note here, and hopefully follow up with Risu once the thread goes live this weekend. As I'm a new member (and stumbled across this site in my SP costume search), I'll pay everything up front so you don't have to worry about me disappearing or anything.

Is it that different? You mentioned the orange lining not coming all the way to the zipper; on mine (which I think is the same as the indie one) it's got exactly the same narrow blue gap as the movie one.
I'm pretty happy with the fit, too; it's an XL and a little short on me, if anything. Clearly, YMMV.

Just got my Princes Vintage (eBay) Snorkel parka today. Here are some side-by-sides for your consideration.

lgqEO.jpg
zXPDv.jpg

X6FJu.jpg

I must admit, I'm quite happy with this one.

Can't seem to find any Yellow/Red Wristbands to go with my Plumtree shirt :\
Anyone know where to find one?

Oh and also those white/red ones for the Bass shirt. I find some, but they're usually Red-White-Red Instead of White-Red-White.

Yeah, I don't know what's with the wristbands. I'm actually not too concerned with them since I'm just getting the shirts for everyday wear, so I haven't really been searching, but it seems like the colors they used, and in the patterns they used might have been custom jobs.

As the supply of Snorkel Parkas on eBay has started to run thin (unless you're willing to pay a lot of money), I've decided to be a little more DIY about it. Old Navy has a blue snorkel jacket which looks pretty similar:

Clothes for women, men, kids and baby | Old Navy

I just got mine for $35 as part of last week's sale, but there are tons of coupons you can use online as well. It runs a little small (I had to go a size up), but it's not bulky or heavy, so it'll be perfect for Halloween. It's missing the orange liner and fur hood trim, so I'm thinking I'll use the money I saved on this cheaper jacket to tackle those issues myself.

I found similar faux fur trim here (which shouldn't be too hard to add to the hood):

50Mm "Faux Fur" Cordedge

I'm not sure if I'm going to bother taking on the orange quilted jacket liner, as that might take a lot of effort for minimal payoff, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Additionally, you can get the patch on etsy here, but be quick because there aren't a lot left:

XMen Emblem Iron On Patch by JoJoCustomizes on Etsy

Hope this is helpful, since the original jacket are getting rarer and more expensive as people try to make SP costumes. Now I'm just waiting on that second run of SP heart shirts.

Last edited:
This thread has been awesome in finding the stuff I need for Halloween! I'm definitely interested in that second SP shirt run. Though, obviously, I'm new so I can post in the Junkyard so posting this here to let you know.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back