Scott Pilgrim Shirts and Costume Thread

I did but it's not showing up in my 'sent messages' folder and I'd rather make sure the message got through.

I had the same issue when I first registered. You can change the setting by clicking on User CP up in the top left, then under Settings & Options click Edit Options. Then in the Messaging & Notification section tick the box that says 'Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default'.

You should then see any future sent messages in your Sent Messages folder.

Crash,

Same thing happened me. No word back yet.

Laamberry,

Just as a precaution. I'd definitely like 1 of each in a men's medium. (Zero, Rockband, Todd, and SARS.)

Thanks again

SPilgrim.jpg
I actually ordered the parka from That Indie Look but the order was lost (never billed, no receipt). Since I wanted one for my rapidly approaching trip to Toronto, I went on eBay, found the only stateside listing in my size, and had it overnighted. Paid a pretty penny but I'm quite happy with the result as it's very close to the original. The tag reads "Warm Wear by Nesco."
That Indie Look parka wasn't actually THE parka though, right? It had some significant differences.

Just ordered, and am now returning a parka from That Indie Look. They look similar to the one Michael Cera wears, but the one made for the movie seems to be a very distressed, non-glossy canvas, and a lighter blue than the traditional Snorkel navy up for sale. The parkas on the TIL website are also deceptively photographed. Having a slim build similar to Michael Cera, I ordered a small. The photos make it seem that the jackets have a tailored contour, with little to no pinning at the back, which looked appropriate for me. In my estimation, almost half the jacket is hidden, pinned behind the mannequin. The body of the jacket was almost twice as wide as me, and the arms were too short. There is a drawstring on the inside to make it a little slimmer, but not enough for me to not still be swimming in the jacket. Looks like its back to the drawing board for me.

So if you're going to invest, insure that the vendor gives all the measurements, especially the waist/hem diameter.

I had the same issue when I first registered. You can change the setting by clicking on User CP up in the top left, then under Settings & Options click Edit Options. Then in the Messaging & Notification section tick the box that says 'Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default'.

You should then see any future sent messages in your Sent Messages folder.

Thank rpat, adjusted settings accordingly and should be in proper working order from now on. Hopefully will hear from Laamberry soon about the new shirt run.

That Indie Look parka wasn't actually THE parka though, right? It had some significant differences.

Is it that different? You mentioned the orange lining not coming all the way to the zipper; on mine (which I think is the same as the indie one) it's got exactly the same narrow blue gap as the movie one.

The material has also been brought up. I can see people's point here. The one I got is a little glossier and a little darker than the one in the movie, but it's not that noticeable.

Other than that, it looks spot on. The pockets are in the same place. The hood has the same fur trim. The large buttons and corresponding loops are spot on. The jacket was supposedly custom made based on Jason Schwartzman's coat, and I'd say in all likelihood this coat is the same one Jason had. It's about as close as you're going to get.

I'm pretty happy with the fit, too; it's an XL and a little short on me, if anything. Clearly, YMMV.

I would be interested in a vegan police shirt. I know the logo was on the back, but does anyone remember what was on the front?

Could we get a break down of where to find Mathew Patels outfit, his jacket is driving me mad! I know its a classic rugby shirt he wears however!

I'm curious what people recommend as far as the coat goes! I'm going as Matthew for halloween (Female version, can't get around that ;) ) and working on a budget. I have everything but the wig, jacket, and pyro effects I want to put together (Research is all done though) Any suggestions for what to look for as far as the coat? I'm assuming it's time to check out the Army Navy Surpluss store! (At least for his patches)

Got my portion of Risu's batch of SP heart shirts today, having expedited the shipping so that I would have them in time for my Toronto trip (tomorrow!). Here is the original compared to another medium:

It's fairly close. The original is unsurprisingly shorter (all signs point to it having been custom hemmed for Michael Cera). The replica is ever so slightly darker in pretty much all aspects, and the green heart ink is a little bit bluer. All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Action shots coming soon!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that. I think washing with bleach might equal out the shirt color a little bit. I'm going to try it on one of mine sometime soon, I'll post pictures comparing afterward. I'll also send that picture to my screening guy and see if he can't find a closer color match for the screens for the next run.

eponandilas - You have to consider that Michael Cera is kind of a petite guy, and that would be the reason for the custom sizing. Its also possible that they modeled it after the same coat in a women's cut(like a women's L or XL).

Risu - The shirts look amazing! I'm looking forward to getting one out of the 2nd run even more now!

Excuse me Risu. I'm a new member and I've been trying to get some Scott Pilgrim gear for Halloween. If there are any you can sell to me, I'll be willing to buy some when I can. :) My shirt size is medium. On another note, does anyone know what kind of shoes Scott wears? I can't identify shoe brands too well.

Excuse me Risu. I'm a new member and I've been trying to get some Scott Pilgrim gear for Halloween. If there are any you can sell to me, I'll be willing to buy some when I can. :) My shirt size is medium. On another note, does anyone know what kind of shoes Scott wears? I can't identify shoe brands too well.

It's been pictured and brought up earlier but in most scenes, it appears Scott is wearing Adidas brand Superstar 2's (the shoe you get a really good shot of when he's tying his shoes before the Gideon fight). He does have differing versions of the same shoe - mainly the trim is usually consistent with his outfit (red striped when he wears a red shirt, green stripes when he's wearing green SP heart shirt, black stripes with a bunch of the other shirts). But in some scenes he does have a different set of shoes (Todd Ingram fight for instance).

Got my SP shirt today, my green Superstar 2s yesterday, and the white/green wristbands Monday - I'm ready for Halloween! The shirt is tight in the chest and long. Going L to XL would be way too long prolly. I need to lose some weight in the next 30 days!

Got my portion of Risu's batch of SP heart shirts today, having expedited the shipping so that I would have them in time for my Toronto trip (tomorrow!). Here is the original compared to another medium:

It's fairly close. The original is unsurprisingly shorter (all signs point to it having been custom hemmed for Michael Cera). The replica is ever so slightly darker in pretty much all aspects, and the green heart ink is a little bit bluer. All in all, I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Action shots coming soon!

Most AA shirts come naturally shorter. In other movies where Cera is seen wearing AA shirts, they reach the bottom of his belt, just like in this movie and that's exactly how they fit on most everyone else who wears those shirts. There'd be no reason for them to have hemmed the shirt for him.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back