Sandtrooper replica from Star Wars ANH

iconoclasta88

Hey everyone...
This feels like my first post over the RPF, but been lurking for some time now. Maybe not very often, but not new for sure.

Wanted to share my finished Sandtrooper armor with you...

For the last 3 or 4 years I have been working on my armor, trying to upgrade and update it. Researching every source, book, picture forum and thread out there. Trying to gather as many as possible vintage or "original" parts like the ones used on ANH to put together the Sandtrooper armor and gear.

I had a vision of what I wanted to achieve, and at the end, the results are very similar to what I have though for the most, and in some cases, they went even beyond my imagination. I feel like my armor as it is now, lives up to all the hard work, time and money I put on it.

So, I had my picture taken by a professional photographer in a pro studio to showcase my own '76 style Sandtrooper armor.

Armor is TE2 with many parts modified by myself to make it more ANH.
Many armor parts are either modified to make them look closer to ANH, and all were aged, weathered and finished by me.

Hope you like it as much as I do.

TD8800-65.jpg

TD8800-58.jpg

TD8800-56.jpg

TD8800-48.jpg

TD8800-46.jpg

TD8800-39.jpg

TD8800-36.jpg

TD8800-29.jpg

TD8800-28.jpg

TD8800-27.jpg

TD8800-24.jpg

TD8800-22.jpg

TD8800-20.jpg

TD8800-18.jpg

TD8800-54.jpg

TD8800-67.jpg

Compshot-4.jpg

Compshot-3.jpg

Compshot-2.jpg

Compshot-1.jpg

Armor:
TE2 armor from 2009 (modified to better resemble ANH armor by me)
Keith's hovi mic tips
All accurate trims
Helmet trimmed to replicate trimming on move along helmet
Correct Humbrol paint for details on helmet
Correct hardware on helmet and star shaped foam
Elastic chin strap
Green lighting acetate.
TM 3 button strip
Trooper1 Pauldron
IMA canvas pouche modified and aged by me
2 MP40 leather pouches by Zadokk weathered and aged by me
1 original small Spanish Pouch
Woodland scenics Raw Umber for the weathering in the 1 pigment technique
Karin's latex handguards with knucle indentions painted, aged and weathered by me
Rubber gloves
Vintage cargo strap for the belt
Correct (afaik) screws on chest return edge to simulate original strapping
vintage brass split rivets for ab plate side and crotch
TK boots

Backpack:
Zenix radio faceplate build with working gears, leather-like cover, and other mods by myself
Correct-ish Syphon from singapore modified to fully replicate the one seen on screen
Real film production Gaffers tape on seedtrays and toolbox
Correct positioning and base for ammo shells
Other miscelaneous parts by Dirty Boy and Crashmann, or found parts
Correct wire around radio
Silver color brackets holding the Bee Stinger alas Move Along Trooper

Blaster:
Doopydoos pipe kit
Correct 40mm pipe by dashrazor
Correct T-track from the UK
Modified by me with real bolts
Weathered and aged by me

What do you think?
smile.png

Move along, move along...

Saludos.
Juan

Last edited:
Hey bro, I have seen ALOT of Sand Troopers in my time, and I gotta say, that is probably the best armor that I've seen. The screen shots comparison are unbelievable, and you wear the armor perfectly. Truly amazing job on that! All of the effort that you put into your suit clearly shows :thumbsup

I have always loved the Storm Trooper design. The white accented with black.
The extra features of the sandtroopers just make it look even better.
Great work.

That is, as everyone has said, one of the most gorgeous Sandtrooper outfits I've seen. And it does fit very well. I've always been torn on whether to go Traditional Stormtrooper - or Sandtrooper. Can you share with the thread some of the techniques you actually used to achieve the weathering..? And have you considered embarking on a Lewis Gun 'heavy blaster' to go with the outfit..?

The weathering really makes the whole thing. I mean, the armour is fantastic on its own but yeah. Awesome job. I really like the side-by-side shots with the stills. That's a great way to show off the suit.

Congrats! :thumbsup

This is an awesome and incredibly accurate replica! I think next to the screenshots your Sandtrooper looks better than in the movie!
Very very very nice work

That is great dedication and thorough work, wow. I pulled my sandtrooper armor out this week to prep it for sale, now you make me want to keep it for a winter overhaul project !

That is an absolutely gorgeous piece of work! All the time you put into it really paid off, it looks like it's straight out of the wardrobe dept at Lucasfilm.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back