Salacious Crumb Puppet - Build Thread

Re: Finished! Salacious Crumb Puppet - Build Thread

That's pretty darn awesome. Great job on it.

Now you just need a big 'ol Jabba to sit it next to! ;)

Started the obnoxiously tedious process of producing five more of these little guys. I'm making many improvements to the body, including loose joints for better puppeteering. This will likely be the one and only run of these. If all goes well, you might catch a couple of them roaming around at the next Celebration.

1483397_10154023677480527_7822363595538992502_n.jpg

I'm really liking your Kowakian monkey-lizard. Very nice work.

You were right in not utilising the Sideshow offering as reference. Although a great little guy sculpted by the original artist, it's a fresh interpretation of the Jester and therefor not entirely true to the movie. Though labelled as life size, it's clearly undersized compared to the movie puppet.

Great work, can't believe it's your first sculpt!
Keep going, if this is your first sculpt, i see a great future for sculpting projects...

I for one would be very interested in purchasing one of these. Could I please message you regarding this?

Yeah, might be interested based on pricing of course... but thats always the name of the game :D

Sorry if I missed it in earlier posts, but is this poseable, or if it is a puppet, is it a hand puppet or just a solid sitting puppet?

I'm revisiting this project so that I can have a puppet of my own for Celebration. I've now figured out a way to puppeteer the ears. I'm very excited with how this latest version is turning out.

Here's a video showing the ear movement:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really like to discuss having you make one of these for me, that I could purchase from you! I'm absolutely in love with Salacious, and have been looking for a true replica for some time.. I saw you at Celebration, and also took a video of the puppet in action! Please let me know what your price point is, and details, ect.

Thanks guys! We had a blast at Celebration!!

At the moment I don't have any plans to make more of these (They are a pretty ridiculous amount of work). I'll likely be focusing on my Holochess monster project for the remainder of the year.

Here's a quick little video about this second puppet:

** lovekcheyenne, I sent you a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back