Limited Run RUN CLOSED * DL-44 ESB Blaster Machined Parts Set * RUN CLOSED

I like that. :D

Definitely like the single row knurling. Will all the Hoth flash hiders be bead blasted, or just that sample?

It's just a sample but I think I could talk them into it without increasing the price.

The Bespin Flash Hiders would have to be left shiny since the original was that way.

Since a couple of you seem to like the bead blasted finish I have decided to see if the shop can add this to the process without increasing the cost.

That may sound weird and some of you may be asking “How can they do that for free.”

Well it’s easier to handle a bead blasted part then a part that requires a specific machined finish so it’s a possibility

At this point it would be very difficult to make this an “option” but if there is unanimous consent I can try to work it out

But to do this at the shop level it would have to be done on all of the HOTH flash hides. I’m offering 3 versions and it would be unreasonable to ask the shop to change that to 6 versions.

SO

If you order a HOTH flash Hider and want it bead blasted you need to reply to the group email I sent this morning with a simple YES response

OR

If you hate the bead blast look you need to reply to the group email I sent this morning with a simple NO response.

YOU CAN POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THIS THREAD BUT I NEED THE EMAIL RESPONCE .

Once I have a single NO I will not pursue this on a group level.

Instead it will be added to my menu of inexpensive labor option. I have a bead blast cabinet and can do individual flash hiders for very little money, probably less the $3

The texture will be more fine since my cabinet is not an industrial version but it will look pretty good.

Please respond fast because the shop is cutting these as I type this email.

Flash%20Hider%20001_zpsro2pco4m.jpg

Last edited:
I'm cool with that, I can always polish later on if'n I don't like it.

The hider looks a touch long, maybe that's just the angle and distance the photo was taken.

Or is it the taper in, leading to the cone?

I'm cool with that, I can always polish later on if'n I don't like it.

The hider looks a touch long, maybe that's just the angle and distance the photo was taken.

Or is it the taper in, leading to the cone?

It's photographic distortion.

The flash hider is identical to the 2004 version except I offered 3 different knurling options for the Hoth Version

Some members thought the same thing in 2004 and once they received the flash hider they were 100% satisfied.

I'm not going to be the dissenting vote that messes it up for people, so I'm not going to respond with a no to the email. Personally though, while it may be more true to the original prop's look, I think the bead blast look makes a really nice machined piece appear to be resin. But I'm fine going with it if I'm the overwhelming minority.

I'm a yes :)

I think it looks good & closer to the prop than shiny metal one

it'll also be nice to have a bit of variety amongst my flash hiders :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 99
I did. I don't like it. Makes it look too much like plastic for my tastes. If you do - good for you. Sorry to be one of the party poopers. If I get overridden, cest la guerre:rolleyes:$

Last edited:
Missed the email today since I was out on a job site all day. I'm kind of digging the bead-blasted finish for the Hoth blaster and probably would have voted yes if I could the message in time. Well as long as it's a finish option that will be a nice service to offer.

At least that no vote buys a bit of extra time to confirm my decision ....

The bead blasted finish looks awesome! Makes me wish I was getting a Hoth blaster too. The plaques look good as well. I never got an invoice for one, maybe I missed the cutoff...

I just still hope we can get the bead blast as an option. Playing Monday Morning Quarterback, I am surprised that the idea did not come up during the discussion phase.

The bead blasting will keep me from having to paint the muzzle. Painting is what I fear will make the muzzle look cheap but I want to get the right idealized look of the blaster. I don't have that fear with bead blasting. We used to use bead blasting when builders made and sold Jedi Council sabers back around 2000. It was a way of replicating the resin body without having to deal with resin and paint. It was an idealized appearance because it does still look like metal but still stayed true to the overall look of the original prop.

Can we see examples of the hider with and without bead blasting to help decide?

Of course.

Once I have the parts I post pictures but I won't even bother asking about this until I am ready to ship the kits, It helps cut down on confusion.

Normally I ship these in groups, easiest kits first, then the kits with little to medium optional labor requested, then the kits with a lot of optional labor requested and finally I ship the fully assembled and finished blasters.

That may seem unfair but it helps me keep everything on track.

That makes sense. Looking forward to getting mine in the coming months. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the Todd's Costumes holster hardware kit.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back