Rubie's ANH Leia Blaster--- Anyone seen this yet?

Lead shot would be good too. Do they sell it in small supply, of so, where?

Look up places in your city with handloading/reloading supplies. My twenty-pound bag wasn't much (and smaller than you might think -- it's lead, remember). If that's just flat more lead than you want, PM me your address and I'll send you a small baggie's worth.

Also, @Country Paul, I saw I'd gotten a message from you after I'd posted that. :)

ETA: Home and have fiddled with things a bit to see. Comparing the actual Tomtit engine cylinder piece against the Rubies sculpt, I even more strongly suggest replacing. The fins are spaced wrong, bu also... On the original part, below/within the fins, the main body of it is cylindrical, stepped from wider to narrower, while the fins on the narrower part taper down to the lower neck rather than stepping to follow the main body. On the Rubies one, that whole section in tapered, presumably to prevent such a deep cut-in between each fin. But the overall dimensions are exact. When I fetch my calipers out of the car, I'll give the diameters of the barrel and flash hider...

ETA 2: Since no one's posted anything more yet, I'll add more here. :p The barrel is 9/16" in diameter, the flash hider 1" in diameter. Meanwhile, the narrow end of the Tomtit engine cylinder is 11/16" inner diameter, so a 1/16" filler will be needed to fit to the barrel. And the wide end of the cylinder is 15/16" inner diameter, so it'll need to be opened up a little to fit the flash hider. Those who know the actual Margolin will be able to say how those dimensions line up with the real pistol.

ETA 3: Also also also... *heh* Mara Jade's Father, when you say you're going to open up the muzzle, how far were you intending? The original ANH prop hadn't modified the muzzle brake beyond relocating it. The bore was still the .22" (~6mm) of the pistol's caliber. The 5mm aperture on this thing is pretty close as-is...

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, it's too bad that every place has sold out of these blasters. It's even stranger that the listings are being taken down. I wonder what's up with that? It's a shame, I would have bought one!

Last edited:
I don't think they have been taken down, simply sold out. This thread has over almost 1,500 views at this point. Not to mention anyone discussing this on other boards or simply were aware of it on their own. I would guess we simply got the first ones to hit the market and that fresh stock will hit the market soon.

for anyone going to SDCC, Rubies often has a booth selling their items.

Got mine from Amazon today.

Mine were shipped in an un-padded plastic mailing envelope, no bubble wrap or paper or anything.

When I tore the plastic mailer open it looked exactly like this:
07457918387623-vi.jpg

I did notice the packaging said Disney, I wonder if these are being produced after the LFL sale to Disney or if just a new package card.

Overall great replica. I little simplified but an amazing starting point for a decent replica, especially for the price.

08457918388337-vi.jpg

11457918391763-vi.jpg

15457918395084-vi.jpg

17457918397916-vi.jpg

19457918399628-vi.jpg

20457918400772-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking for a manufacture date on the card and didn't see one. I must have missed it.

i also believe the young model on the card is the same one in this image promo for the newly released costume: http://www.halloweencostumes.com/deluxe-child-princess-leia-costume.html

I mentioned this earlier in the thread stating I am not sure it is an actual new costume or simply the old one re-released with new packaging and promotional images. Note this costume and the adult deluxe version is not in stock till Sept. However if you look at the website, they still have the old version in stock for the adult version.

Also, I am still in the belief this item is all new. I know as stated earlier that Sears stated the item was originally posted 2013. I believe the listing is an error. Besides the fact that I am usually proactive in looking for new Star Wars Rubies items and never seen this before, there is nothing I have encountered that makes me believe this is not recently released. If so, other costume sites would have a listing, even at least an out of stock notification. Also, you could have seen a lot of them on eBay, especially repainted like you see other rubies and even the new Disney Parks blaster that hit a couple months ago. That's simply my opinion.

Anyhow, I am so glad this was brought to my attention. It's a great little piece. I can't wait till I figure out how I am going to mod mine.

Cool stuff! I built up an ANH Leia blaster using Aprilstorm and Guabe's 3d printed parts, but I'll happily grab one of these too when they're available again. One more for the "to-do" pile that already has several other Rubies blasters in it! :)

starting to see these Rubies Boba Fett Blasters showing up on eBay, does anyone know how they are size wise?

one description I read said 24" long but I don't know if A that's right & B how that measures up to a full size Boba Fett Blaster :lol

the EE-3 is another gap in my collection, I had a Hasbro one but that was really quite undersized

Rubies might have just got my hopes up with their spot on 1-1 scale Leia Blaster

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 155

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back