Rubie's ANH Leia Blaster--- Anyone seen this yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Jedifather, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Jedifather

Jedifather Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Didn't see anyone post about this yet, but check this out:

Rubies Leia ANH.JPG

Rubie's has finally got the right idea. It seems to be 1:1 scale. Here's what it looks like compared to my deactivated Margolin and one of Odi-Wan72's resin castings:

20150629_201548.jpg 20150629_201735.jpg 20150629_201826.jpg 20150629_202020.jpg 20150629_202058.jpg

Best $12.95 I ever spent. :D

2. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh I am all over this. Who has the best price online?

3. Jedifather

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  4. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Every once in while, Rubies releases an item that has good potential.

5. James Kenobi 1138

I just bought 2 on Amazon, $13 each.

Picasso69 likes this.
  6. Cameron

Cameron Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow. Just bought one... Great find!

7. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

NICE

That´s definately molded from a MR ANH blaster..a straight 1:1 "recast" ;)
    Funny that they still kept the wrong, inaccurate, scratchbuilt (by ME!) mag-bottom plate :lol Back the days Steve D. douldn´t find the correct magazin to base his masters on, so he took my scratchbuilt mag-plate for reference. Compare my resin cast with the MR and/ or Rubies and you´ll see what I am referring to. :cool

Markus

thd9791 likes this.
  8. Country Paul

Country Paul Sr Member

Damnit, now I want one of these to fill the glaring DDC sized hole in my blaster collection & of course I can't find any for sale here in the UK,

Amazon & eBay either don't ship to the UK or want $250 shipping :lol

typical when it's one of the few blasters that 100% conforms to all the UK rules :facepalm

just reminds me me that I really need a Princess Leia Blaster (well 2 actually, ANH & ROTJ)

great find, very cool, I'm envious of you that can buy them for a few dollars :)

hansolo2504 likes this.
  9. OdiWan72

amazon.de don´t carry these either :(

Markus

10. Mara Jade's Father

Funny but not unexpected. I think most people here did not know that about the plate. I would have keeled over if you told me... "Rubies did their research and corrected a mistake in the design."

btw: What exactly is the ribbed section on the barrel? The part between the sight and the tomtit part. People used to say it was wrapped cord. Is that still the thought or is there new info?

11. Mara Jade's Father

Looks like Fett's rifle will be new this year from Rubies as well:

[​IMG]

12. OdiWan72

Wrapped coiled cord, yes

Markus

Mara Jade's Father likes this.
  13. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Inquisitor Peregrinus Master Member

@OdiWan72, @Country Paul -- I'm going to order one of these. If you like, I'd be happy to order three and send one to each of you, at or a bit below cost (I'll give you the total and you can tell me how much you're comfortable spending -- any difference I'll gladly absorb as a gift to make sure you can get them). I've never had a problem stepping up to circumvent ridiculous shipping costs.

Every so often, yeah, Rubie's nails it. I'm still somewhat amazed at how perfect their Supreme Edition Royal Guard helmet is... three years after I originally bought it! *chuckle*

@OdiWan72... Any recommended reference for an accurate mag plate?

--Jonah

Country Paul likes this.
  14. Country Paul

Country Paul Sr Member

wow, thank you that would be amazing :) (I'll send you a PM)

I've spent a good portion of the day fruitlessly searching for these online

I'd really love to get my hands on one

I can't decide whether it's genius on Rubies part or just laziness (casting the MR Leia) that they got this so right but either way I'm happy they did :lol

Much in the same way as I like how well hasbro did with their DH-17 (not sure why just sometimes the toy blasters come out so much better than others)

I'm happy for some of the more accurate toy blasters to fill gaps in my collection

15. Triton

Triton Well-Known Member

Where are you guys finding this on Amazon?

16. Jedifather

17. OdiWan72

Thank you very much for this offer ...I´d take TWO in this case, if you don´t mind ;)

I should still have the mold for the magplate (or could make one easily), but you´d also need the "catch"...
    Maybe I should simply mold BOTH parts again and offer casts to accurize peoples Rubies blasters!?

Markus

18. Country Paul

Country Paul Sr Member

:lol I think I'm with Markus, if you can get them & you don't mind I'd love to get 2 of these Rubies Blasters

thanks again @Inquisitor Peregrinus

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  19. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Yer killin' me, Smalls... :lol *orders a fifth one*

So I'm seeing these first showing up in stocks in summer of 2013, which explains why it's somewhat scarce now, but not how I managed to miss it for two * years!

--Jonah

Country Paul likes this.
  20. Mara Jade's Father

No, that can't be right. Not sure why, but I'm always interested in new Rubies items. I pretty good and finding what's available and where to get them. Most Rubies stuff does not seem to make it to brick and mortar stores but instead online sources. I can tell you that the Leia blaster never showed up prior to recently.

i did notice on my recent search that the deluxe Leia A New Hope costume for both girls and women now have new marketing images. Not sure if the costumes have been redone or simply no promotional images. Whatever the reason for the push, it might be a factor as to what the blaster is now offered.

The Fett rifle also showed up for the first time as well. It also appears that Zeb's rifle weapon is going to be coming out as well based on a photo of the upcoming Zeb costume.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  21. Inquisitor Peregrinus

In my searches, it is listed as being added to the Sears catalogue in July of 2013... Maybe that's just when Rubies listed it as an upcoming release...

--Jonah

22. Triton

Triton Well-Known Member

WHERE ARE YOU FINDING THIS ON AMAZON?????

Can someone PLEASE provide a link, cause everything I'm searching for says it doesn't exist.

23. James Kenobi 1138

I went back and the only Amazon seller who had them (the one I bought from) shows as out of stock.

24. Country Paul

Country Paul Sr Member

awesome :)

I've never seen these Leia Blasters before this thread either,

a lot of these Rubies Don't seem to appear in the UK even online, (I could never find their E-11 here either)

25. deadbolt

deadbolt Sr Member

Sears seems to have them in stock for $12.99, I ordered from them yesterday.

Thanks, Jedifather for the heads up!

-Carson

26. Triton

Triton Well-Known Member

Ok, you want to share that link???

Stock gets refilled, I literally can not find them on Amazon. Period. I've searched every possible way, and they are not showing up.

- - - Updated - - -

Link??

27. Mara Jade's Father

28. Triton

Triton Well-Known Member

29. Mara Jade's Father

If you look at Sears, they don't actually sell them, they link you to blockbustercostumes.com. The link at Sears no longer works but you still can find them if you go to the website directly like I did. In the write up, it says it is guaranteed in stock.

30. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

31. Mara Jade's Father

32. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

While poking around I saw their Tusken staff. I know it's thin plastic but anyone know how accurate??? I'm thinking fill it and re-paint or mold and cast?????

On the Leia I never wanted it as far as MR goes but for that price and accuracy I'm getting two. Lea ANH and Mod for Leai ROTJ. Make all the needed mods, add weight and paint. Bam!!!!!

Thanks

Tom

33. Unfated

Unfated Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sold out everywhere. That was fast.

34. shenphong

shenphong Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

these gotta be coming back in stock, definitely going to pick up a couple when they do!

35. Inquisitor Peregrinus

It's not even on the Rubies site. That's what mystifies me most...
    OdiWan72 & Country Paul -- let me know how you feel about packaging. My preference would be to trim or fold down the packaging, or remove the blasters from it altoether, and pack them as compactly as I can to save shipping costs.

--Jonah

36. deadbolt

deadbolt Sr Member

Very odd, everyplace that sells/sold these is removing the item from their sites. Are these really selling out that quickly?..Or are they just old stock that we all hadn't noticed until now?..:lol

-Carson

37. Jodo

Jodo Sr Member

I'll have to pick one or two of these up! I honestly can't believe they never have done a 1:1 scout trooper blaster. It would be fairly easy for them because of the size. I know they're into cutting corners usually!

38. OdiWan72

Absoltely fine with that...thanks in advance for your efforts

Markus

39. Country Paul

Country Paul Sr Member

I'm happy with whatever works best for you & is most secure so they get here in one piece :lol

I'm not bothered about the original packaging, if it's easiest to remove them then that's cool

thanks again

40. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Hokay, so... The first four are on their way, but apparently there was a rush on BlockBuster around the time I was ordering the fifth. *narrows eyes at the folks further up the page* You know who you are... So they weren't able to process that last order of mine. And, as noted by someone else a couple posts up, they have utterly vanished once more. OdiWan72, Country Paul, I do rather want one of those four for myself. Would one of you guys be okay with just one for now, until they get replenished?

--Jonah

41. vidman

vidman Well-Known Member

Glad I ordered 2 of them yesterday....................... :ninja

Unfated likes this.
  42. Mara Jade's Father

Don't look at me, I nabbed the one from eBay. :devil

43. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

I still need my two. I assume these will be re-stocked. I hope

44. OdiWan72

I am in no hurry, send Paul his two and I´ll wait for a second one, no prob (have real converted Margolins, so these will be a fun project only)

Thx again for your efforts,

Markus.

45. Inquisitor Peregrinus

Thanks, Markus. The two of you might want to PM me your shipping info soonish. I should have them in hand within a week or so. Oh, and I think your idea of offering an accurizing kit for the magazine bottom is a good one. I'll mention here, also, that anyone wanting to replace the moulded-on part with an actual Tomtit engine cylinder can get them from the original manufacturer, who was found as part of the research thread into the ANH Hero DL-44 and offers parts kits for a terrific price.

--Jonah

46. Tom1971

Tom1971 Sr Member

Parts for the ROTJ Version would be sweet as well.

47. Kylash

Kylash Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm sure they'll be everywhere by September when the costume stores start opening.

48. Country Paul

Country Paul Sr Member

Thanks Markus you are a gentleman & it's appreciated :)

I currently don't have a Leia Blaster so really looking forward to getting these & hopefully they'll fill my ANH & ROTJ needs nicely :lol

Jonah - I'll PM you with my address for shipping soon & once again I'm really grateful for you going to the trouble of getting these for me,

I'll have to see if I've got any Tomtit cylinders left (or if I used them all for my Greedo Blaster & Merr Sonn's)

49. Mara Jade's Father

You never know. I've yet to see items like Ahsoka's lightsaber, Gaffi stick, royal guard staff, or other items or costumes in a Target, Walmart, Party City, or Spirit store and they all have been out for a few years. Don't get me wrong, it might be a common find this year but with a Rubies item, you never know.

50. Jedifather

Hmm, maybe I should have bought a few more before starting this thread.

Just kidding. :lol:lol:lol

Unfated likes this.