ROTS lightsaber Cast from Original Parts Project discussion

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
lol the emitter has fingerprints on the plate. Also funny how they cut the threaded rod to the full length of the hilt, and not the full length minus the recessed dish in the emitter.

Dan - in your photos, do you have any that show the side/attachment of this greeblie? doesn't look like it's embedded in the material

Mr Mold Maker

Master Member
Yes. I think that this rounding that you're seeing is the result of a thick glossy paint.
I don’t know much about sabers, but I work with a lot of high build catalyzed primers and high solid urethane clears and do know a good bit about that. It is gonna be a very hard ask to get paint to round out those surfaces. Especially so evenly. No sagging in one direction or another. No flooding in the deeper areas... That rounding is absolutely not the result of thick paint application IMO. Just my two cents.

Can’t wait to see this all come together, you always do very nice work.