ROTJ detonator charges

I actually dreamt about this thing last night; trying to figure out what it was made from.

The material is orange on top, but white on the bottom. They have two thicknesses. And the area where they join looks uneven.

I actually dreamt about this thing last night; trying to figure out what it was made from.

The material is orange on top, but white on the bottom. They have two thicknesses. And the area where they join looks uneven.

When I say the main body, I am not including the flared out section. As you stated, it is a different color and if you look closely, the textures are different too. At this point, I am running on the assumption the flare part is a completely different found item.

A while back I asked Gus what the bottom of his looked like. He was kind enough to take a picture for me. You can see a screw holding the main body to the flared section.

81318987-CC3C-4F24-A63E-6B59ACBCFD4D.jpeg

When I saw that rough looking surface in the movie in 4K it made me think of some kind of sticky sheet or magnetic even.

I thought it would be some kind of hanging light, some even have holes in them already:
1597684442608.png

It seems like there's a million variations of those 'can light escutcheon' (honestly never knew what those where called lol). Time to start hunting I guess

Hands up all those who just googled 'can light escutcheon' ?
Another term is recessed light. The part your trying to find would be the part that drops into the CAN. That is called the escutcheon. I've installed hundreds of these in home remodels and i also dont have a problem finding what i am looking for when i type in "can light escutcheon"
Thats the electrician term for it!!

Sunk in ceiling lights.
Drop in lighting.
What ever!

Thanks
'Escutcheon' : Its a great word even, if I cant find the correct one on google images :)
Lol! It took a long time for me to get used to that word. And yes theres thousand of styles. And we are looking for one thats at least 40 years old.

And im 95% positive its worth looking in this direction.

In the past, I have thought about if the main body was recessed lighting fixture. The problem I run into is that they usually have a center hole but it would not explain the other openings. But for the flared section, I would say the escutcheon is a good idea.

The ring is also called a goof ring. I learned too much about recessed lighting...
You know why the term goof ring?
Well first and foremost it covers any mess up in your circle cut. But most folks just couldn't remember or pronounce "escutcheon" so since it was a "goofy" word the name stuck.

2020-08-20 20.42.35.jpg

I apologize if this has been discussed already but I read a lot of people saying the original part is orange. But in this broke part it looks like a white resin. Is the material known? Or would it possible that the original part is injection molded thermoplastic? Or aluminum? Is there any consensus?

Roy

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back