ROTJ detonator charges

BECAAE4A-44CE-48BA-8D06-B58860A41266.jpeg
16771611-643A-447E-8F3D-57B8D6455395.jpeg
B4767932-F1B8-4747-AD96-9B5A84F367A9.jpeg
AE15F79B-ECFC-4076-B236-F25511BFE3D1.png

Surprised no one has posted this in here yet. All credit to the Props of Star Wars, just sharing for those folks here who do not partake in the book of faces. VC-66 <— Link here.

I printed mine, but I may order this cone as it is probably stronger than the printed cone I have now.

Thanks for posting this!

Neat! Now I guess I need to build one. Does anyone offer a cast of the original body yet? I know I'm never going to find a whole freaking drill for that! I also wouldn't want to destroy a tool.

Curious teecrooz and Mr Mold Maker what tools you adopted to cut the adapter cone?

Wall seems thin enough for a variety; but I think do’s and dont’s would be helpful if you have opinions :)
I used the back edge of an xacto blade to score right in the corner of the step. Just basically held the xacto with one hand and spun the cone with the other until I could see the score line from the outside. Then I did one final pass with the blade.
Just needs a very light touch of sand paper to finish it up, the cut itself is very easy and clean.

Thanks for posting, I did see this on Facebook a while back. I was wondering how long it would be before it was posted here, but wasn’t sure if I should have posted myself as I know the content creators/persons who made the discovery are members and assumed they would post something.

Drilled the pilot holes. Need to pick up a new endmill because the hole size I want is in between the two sizes I had.

*update, new endmills ordered so I can make larger holes.

I also cut the housing down to size. Wasn't sure I wanted to but I guess I’m all in on finishing this thing now.
23A29BCB-B122-441A-9CBE-A708E9A19EAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Drilled the pilot holes. Need to pick up a new endmill because the hole size I want is in between the two sizes I had.

*update, new endmills ordered so I can make larger holes.

I also cut the housing down to size. Wasn't sure I wanted to but I guess I’m all in on finishing this thing now.
View attachment 1561826
Out of curiosity, how large are those windows in the vintage Kango, Chris? I had a dickens of a time trying to bend the vintage dynodes over Roy's replica, and I'm wondering if the larger window would make the task easier.

Out of curiosity, how large are those windows in the vintage Kango, Chris? I had a dickens of a time trying to bend the vintage dynodes over Roy's replica, and I'm wondering if the larger window would make the task easier.
Interesting point

(On my replica kit from Roy I actually didn’t pre bend my dynodes, I used the screws, got them going a little bit… And then screwed them in incrementally until they seated which bent it around the radius of the housing. They don’t slip anyway due to the friction and luckily the print quality is great so it stands up to the amount of resistance)

Interesting point

(On my replica kit from Roy I actually didn’t pre bend my dynodes, I used the screws, got them going a little bit… And then screwed them in incrementally until they seated which bent it around the radius of the housing. They don’t slip anyway due to the friction and luckily the print quality is great so it stands up to the amount of resistance)
Thanks for the tip. I actually tried that very approach thinking the screws themselves would bend the dynode as needed, but the screw holes weren't quite positioned in the exact spot where the holes are on the dynode so I ended up having to pre-bend them and then use the screws to create new holes in the Kango.

Thanks for the tip. I actually tried that very approach thinking the screws themselves would bend the dynode as needed, but the screw holes weren't quite positioned in the exact spot where the holes are on the dynode so I ended up having to pre-bend them and then use the screws to create new holes in the Kango.
Gotcha, maybe I got lucky with my dynodes from Roy

Final pieces arrived for the all original, found parts Bunker! Top view and next to roygilsing awesome kit!

• Vintage Kango Motor Housing (Orange)
  • Vintage Ferguson Slider Knob x2
  • Vintage Wader Boot Stud x2
  • Vintage Michell Fluid Tone Arm Screw x2
  • Vintage Renwal V8 Timing Gear Part 54
  • Vintage RS Spin Knob
  • Vintage EMI Dynode x2
  • Vintage Steel Chair Glide
  • Vintage Mulbrod clip
  • Found Part Red LED Cap x2
  • Original Plastruct Skirt

Attachments

• 82A873F8-AFCD-42D7-9FD7-D5A30B6F03F2.jpeg
    82A873F8-AFCD-42D7-9FD7-D5A30B6F03F2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • D3FA7047-603C-4058-BDBA-63373C482A57.jpeg
    D3FA7047-603C-4058-BDBA-63373C482A57.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 183
3251bimmer congratulations and thanks for this wonderful side by side comparison!

And it was so nice to meet you in person and chat props. I wished I could do this more often with others as well.

Roy

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back